No announcement yet.

Burn injury

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Burn injury

    My father just overthrew a hot coffee at me and the big blisters are forming on the charred skin. A nurse has sponged the part affected with panthenol, but it doesn't look good.

    Any advice on what to do next?


    First of all, I am not a medical professional.

    But since no one else has responded yet, I believe if you have blisters it is at least a second degree burn. When you say "charred" - I even wonder about third degree.

    You said a nurse - what does she think? Are you at home? Is she an actual registered nurse, or an attendant?

    It sounds like you need medical attention - can you go to an emergency room? I think for burns, prompt treatment is important.


      First aid seems to be gentle rinsing with cool water. Hopefully one of the nurses will respond to this thread soon.


        Over the summer my husband sat way too close to the fire pit for way too long and ended up with burns on both of his legs. We went to Immediate Care the next morning (when I noticed the burns) and they sent him home with antibiotic cream and bandages. They said just to change the bandages daily and to NOT pop the blisters.