Harrington Rod remains, Mass and pain question for Wise/SCI Nurse or others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woman from Europe View Post
    Raven, I am so sorry. I send all the positive thought I have. And cross my fingers and feet that nothing serious is wrong but that they still find out the reason for your pain.
    You know I don't pray, but it doesn't mean my positive thoughts and wishes are not helping you.

Hugs Bente
    LOL Bente, You brought a smile to my face with your words of *crossing my feet*. At times when I want to wish for something good to happen to someone, I also say that I will cross my toes and eyes so things will turn out good. I know your and others positive thoughts and wishes will reach me, I do believe that. Thanks for bringing a smile to my heart today. I needed it.

At this time, I will stop posting. Am feeling sleepy with my meds and a bit tired. Will return to reply to others after I rest or later this evening.

Raven
    Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. ~Victor Hugo~

A warrior is not one who always wins,
    but one who keeps on fighting to the end ~ Unknown ~

Comment

Seeing that the small wound I had has grown I will not be posting much. I need to get a wound doctor to see it and give orders to the agancy nurses in re to the care of it.

I do however wish to thank both Wise and THC for their advice and support. Presently am trying to get a neurologist who will see me at an earlier date.

Have been thinking over the words of advice given by Wise and am tending to go for a biopsy. Let me tell you I am afraid but at the same time am thinking that I shouldn't give this mass too much time either. I hate going into surgery or procedures like the biopsy since the other doctors have not wanted to take a chance but am thinking that maybe it is a high risk not to take the chance and doing the biopsy. My thoughts are similar to the way I felt when they told me about the harrignton rod risks and the benefits of it. Am having trouble here to say some of my fears although my intelligence tells me that in the long run the end result will be some sort of peace of mind. I know that if I don't do it, the pain will most likely keep on going and if the mass is cancer, I give it a chance to take over my body and deny me a chance to life. If it isn't cancer, I will at least give the doctors the opportunity to help me and possibly remove whatever it may be. All these thoughts are what are presently running through my mind in the past two days. I have talked with Nick and even though he doesn't say much, I know he is probably as afraid as I am but will accept my decision(s).

Thank you Wise for your advice and honesty in pointing out the right road for me. Thank you everyone for being there for me at this time and for your prayers and/or good thoughts and wishes. If I am unable to post and update for awhile, I will ask Nick to do so in my place. Keeping my hopes that all this will end well and soon. Again, please keep us in your prayers and thoughts.

Raven
      Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. ~Victor Hugo~

A warrior is not one who always wins,
      but one who keeps on fighting to the end ~ Unknown ~

Comment

Working...
      X