No announcement yet.

rectal tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I chose a colostomy last September and am very happy with it. It has made my life so much easier. I am, however, a paraplegic with a low level injury, so I'm not sure you'd have the same experience. If you do have a colostomy, I'd recommend using the irrigation method, which basically cleans you out so that you don't have stool in your pouch during the day. That's what I do. I still have the severely tight rectal tone.

Comment

The tight rectal tone is probably due to the disk problem and the neurologic issues that you are having. Your level of injury would tell me that you would have rectal tone. I would be more than surprised if it was from the dig stim....
      CKF
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by christopher View Post
        FWIW, my doctor once told me I had a 'beautiful anus'....

As long as your not pooping yourself I wouldn't worry about it. I too occasionally suffer from 'bleeding hemorrhoid syndrome'. It sound so sexy to say!
        When a Dr says this, it's time to look for a new one. That's like saying "Oh, your farts smell nice."
        Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.

Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.

Comment

Working...
        X