How can i flush out my bladder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can i flush out my bladder

My catheter keeps on blocking up,i drink water,but still find after a nights rest there is flakes in my urine but also i find like a very fine powder lying in the pipe of the legbag,How do i get rid of it im not feeling chills or anything so i dont think i have infection

drink a lot in a short period of time... & prepare to have to go a lot.

Comment

Try Gatorade!

Comment

What is gatorade,scott will it help how much water at a time i have an indweling catheter with legbag

Comment

Originally posted by Riaan View Post
          My catheter keeps on blocking up,i drink water,but still find after a nights rest there is flakes in my urine but also i find like a very fine powder lying in the pipe of the legbag,How do i get rid of it im not feeling chills or anything so i dont think i have infection
          With an ID catheter I use saline and a piston type flush kit to flush each night. If you feel and infection coming on try dissolving an antibiotic tablet in a large bottle of saline then fill your bladder with the solution and clamp it off for a few minutes then flush again with pure saline.

Hope it helps and as suggested drink, drink, drink lot's of water!!!
          ^^(A)^^

Comment

Originally posted by Riaan View Post
            What is gatorade
            a popular sports drink in the US. www.gatorade.com

scott will it help how much water at a time i have an indweling catheter with legbag
            try 1.5L of water in ~30min.

Comment

Just have a beer that will do it
              I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past, so one way to get the most out of life is to look at it as an adventure.

Comment

Originally posted by knightrider View Post
                Just have a beer that will do it
                but to do it right, knock out about 12 of those suckers, then who cares if they have a uti..........
                We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
                Ronald Reagan

Comment

For excessive clogging or encrustation of an indwelling catheter you can try a combination of acidifying your urine (vitamin C 1000 mg. daily) and doing a daily Renecidin instillation (not an irrigation). Talk to your urologist about this.

It would also be important to be sure you do not have stones in your bladder. Have you had recent tests for this?

(KLD)
                  The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I havent seen a doctor for about 2 and a half years,and doing a daily Renecidin instillation (not an irrigation). ?and how would i know if i have stones

Comment

You should have annual tests for stones. Recommended is a combination of kidney/ureter/bladder ultrasound and CT. You should be seeing a urologist annually.

How much water are you drinking daily?

(KLD)
                      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

My urologist said no to Renicidin - I called today. He said to irrigate the Foley daily. I forgot to ask how to sterilize the syringe for each use.
                        Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Comment

Recommended is a combination of kidney/ureter/bladder ultrasound and CT. You should be seeing a urologist annually.,would my urologist be able to organise all of this?I havent been drinking alot but the last 2 days about 2 litres per day and coffee in between.Seems like things are looking better today......

Comment

Riaan, with an indwelling catheter you should be drinking a minimum of 3 liters of water daily. Go easy on caffeine as it irritates your bladder.

If the problem continues, you should discuss the need to do a cystoscopy with your urologist (once you have had stones ruled out by CT and/or ultrasound). You may have a significant amount of "sludge" in your bladder that would need to be removed during a cystoscopy procedure. I have seen this on several occasions. The sludge can eventually develop into a stone if it is left in place, and can indeed clog catheters.

Alan, what was the reason your urologist gave for not using Renecidin??

(KLD)

Comment

I had the same problem with the mucus because of augmentation. I had to push on my bladder to get it out. Then had to try another cath. But thats different with your problem.
                              Mary
                              I want to Rock you Gypsy soul and together we will flow into the Mystic.
                              Van Morrison

Comment

Working...
                              X