• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love you baby cakies.

So, all better?
    And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

I dunno.
      An administrator made me remove my signature.

Comment

man that sucks..get well soon..i too am normally under 98..glad i'm not the only one

Comment

I got the flu shot this year and still caught the flu. I had mild fever of 101.
          The tylenol did not help much so the doc gave me some antibiotic which got rid of the fever. And told me to drink lots of water.

Comment

Flu shots are not a guarantee of not getting the flu. They can prevent about 90% of flu cases, and for those who still get the flu, it is much more mild. Antibiotics are never appropriate for a viral illness like the flu unless you also got a bacterial illness on top of it (which can happen if you have a pneumonia related to the flu).

(KLD)
            The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Sue Pendleton View Post
              I understand the flu vaccine was right on this year. I've got a rotten cold but bad as I feel no temperature. So yea, call the doc for kidney, lung, etc checks.

WFE, Normal temperture in Farenheit is 98.6. Most SCIs seem to run low. My normal used to be 97.1 to 97.7. Last 6 months I'm actually running closer to normal/normal. Anything above 101.0 in an adult is normal cause to see or call a doctor.
              I tell that to my doctor the next time if he doesn't believe me. He doesn't know anything about SCI and writes afebrile even when I know I have fever. I am normal 96 F, and they did not take me seriously before I had 104F but then he was putting me in the hospital. Everytime I get a UTI I have about a 100 and they say no fever. They don't take anyone seriously here before they have 103, 101 is not serious here.
              TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Working...
              X