Is it okay to see a Chiropractor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it okay to see a Chiropractor?

I am T12-L1 incomplete para and my lower veratbrae get locked every morning I wake up and I am able to 'crack' them out by laying on my back with a wedge. Over the holidays I was unable to do this and my back is locked more than usual and I was wondering if you would see a chiropractor? Do some chiropractors specialize in SCI?
    Thanks for your advice.

I go to one when my pain is over the top. He dosen't crack. Look into Network or cafe of life chiro's or one associated with yoga.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Comment

I would ask the chiropracter if they have had any experience with people who have had a sci. That is the only way I would let someone touch my back. Also, check with a PT and see if there are any exercises that you could do on your own to increase your flexibility.

While it is ok to see a chiropracter, please be careful!
      CKF
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Thank you for advice.

Comment

Let us know how you are doing.
          CKF
          The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
          X