No results from bowel program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No results from bowel program

Last night was my bowel program and nothing but gas came out. I haven't not gone at all since I was in rehab 8 years ago. Since then I've always at least gone a little bit. My bowel program has not been going as well as it used to. Before it used to take 40 -45 minutes. Now it takes over an hour and I need a lot more dig stim just to bring it down. It's only been about 8 years since my accident and I'm only 25. I didn't think my body would start to fall apart this fast. My bowel schedule is every other night. Do you think I should try again tonight or just wait till tomorrow?

Thanks.

Try again tonight. Eat lots of fiber and drink lots of water.
    sigpic

Comment

Try tonight. Consider yourself lucky that it's been going well for 8 years.

Comment

Maybe things are semi stuck- take a mild laxative and then later do bowel program.

CWO
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
        X