Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where was your first pressure sore located?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am t7 complete no feeling no movement and sometimes my butt burns and my left leg goes numb. But i am 9 months post and haven't had anything pressure sores...thank god. i move around a lot and an always changing positions..and as well bending down and things.
    T-7 Complete
    "If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it."

Comment

The first pressure sore I ever got was just below my knee, and it was because my AFO's were too tight on my calf and I didn't realize it until I had a sore. Any other sores I have got have been on the backs of my thighs (stage 2) and one on my butt (stage 1).

Jessie

Comment

Originally posted by aaronykc
        i've had mine for over 2 weeks now - coccyx
        omg it took u guys soooooo long to heal im going crazy staying home tryin to heal it
        a questuon, what is the best way to treat a pressure sore? as in what creams to use? how to dress it?
        One other thing I had to do in this situation was get plenty of protein. I was 120 pounds and real weak at the worst. I tell you this just to let you know these sores are nothing to fool with and you need to get it checked out as soon as you can.

Oh by the way now that I am back I weigh 190+ pounds.
        T6 complete

Comment

My first pressure sore was anomalous, from TED hose of all things. The band at the top of the hose was too tight and I left them on for a couple days. I had a perfect ring around my leg, just below the knee. Stage one, didn't really have to do much other than leave it alone for a couple weeks, and not wear hose of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero
            My first pressure sore was anomalous, from TED hose of all things. The band at the top of the hose was too tight and I left them on for a couple days. I had a perfect ring around my leg, just below the knee. Stage one, didn't really have to do much other than leave it alone for a couple weeks, and not wear hose of course.
            Hah, my first sore was from Teds too. They must have had a crease on the top of my foot, as I got a small sore on the top of my foot (where the foot meets the leg). I dunno what stage, but it bled, so more than a Stage I I'm presuming. That was when I was on bedrest after my injury, and it healed quickly (small scar there now), so I never saw it when it was at its worst.

Comment

tailbone-also from hospital. while waiting to have surgery. I was already knocked out, down to 88 lbs. and laying on a hard gurney while the Dr.'s thought that to be the best time to discuss what they needed to do!

Comment

Originally posted by Seenkid101
                i am t7 complete no feeling no movement and sometimes my butt burns and my left leg goes numb. But i am 9 months post and haven't had anything pressure sores...thank god. i move around a lot and an always changing positions..and as well bending down and things.
                How can your left leg go numb if you have a T7 complete injury?

Comment

Originally posted by keps
                  How can your left leg go numb if you have a T7 complete injury?
                  I can't speak for Megan, but I'm T7 complete and there are definitely times when I can't feel my leg, even though I can't really feel my leg in the first place! Maybe there is some core sensation there, deep in the tissue, and when it's not there my brain notices the difference. All I know is that when my leg is positioned a certain way, it will eventually feel like it is missing.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero
                    I can't speak for Megan, but I'm T7 complete and there are definitely times when I can't feel my leg, even though I can't really feel my leg in the first place! Maybe there is some core sensation there, deep in the tissue, and when it's not there my brain notices the difference. All I know is that when my leg is positioned a certain way, it will eventually feel like it is missing.
                    I wasn't doubting, I was just curious, as it's not something I experience myself. Thanks for explaining.

Comment

Upper right back/shoulder due to a halo shell.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse
                        Statistically, in SCI the vast majority of pressure ulcers are pelvic: sacrum, coccyx, ischium, trochanter, and iliac crest/spine. Next is heels.

At any one time in the community, approx. 30% of those with SCI have a pressure ulcer.

(KLD)
                        -------------------------------------------------------------

Dear KLD -

What does it take to medically classify "Crack of my ass"?

My first (pressure sore) was at the base of my S-spine and the doctors played a Moe, Larry and Curley routine. I was an Inpatient at hospital and between the nurses and doctors it was like a circular firing squad. I eventually dropped trousers (diaper) and showed them because of the level of ineptidude. The stench (of the pressure sore) in a clean diaper finally got the "medical professionals" attention.

This occured +/- one month from Chris Reeves passing.

My family was pissed off and I had finally realized I could DIE IN A HOSPITAL!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleMark
                          What does it take to medically classify "Crack of my ass"?
                          I'm not KLD, but I believe the answer is 'coccyx'. I missed that one in the survey, unfortunately.

Comment

my one and only pressure sore was the base of my cock!!
                            pmsl but its true, and i made it worse cos i ignored it for the first couple of days trying to sort it myself?? took about 5 days to heal. t6 complete. take protein supplements and do lots of exercise, giving me good circulation and helping my skin condition.

Comment

Originally posted by james15985
                              my one and only pressure sore was the base of my cock!!
                              pmsl but its true, and i made it worse cos i ignored it for the first couple of days trying to sort it myself?? took about 5 days to heal. t6 complete. take protein supplements and do lots of exercise, giving me good circulation and helping my skin condition.
                              I've heard of this happening from condom catheters being too tight, is that what happened to you? Or did you over-exert yourself in the bedroom?

Comment

Originally posted by knowthill
                                One other thing I had to do in this situation was get plenty of protein. I was 120 pounds and real weak at the worst. I tell you this just to let you know these sores are nothing to fool with and you need to get it checked out as soon as you can.

Oh by the way now that I am back I weigh 190+ pounds.
                                yup i jus went to see my doc, had a uro apt as well. all the transferring, into e cab and onto e bed actually made e sore worse. my doc even congratulated me on getting my first pressure sore
                                anyways i waz prescribed intrasite gel n thought how to dress e wound. Thanks 4 e tip. im gonna take lots of protein n stop sitting on my ass till its healed. i hope it wont take long, im goin crazy stayin in bed e whole day
                                I've got 99 problems but the wheelchair ain't 1

Comment

Working...
                                X