Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baclofen primarily works on striated muscle such as that in your trunk, legs, and (to a lesser degree) arms. Bladder Botox is targeted for use on smooth muscle such as you see in internal organs such as the bladder, gut, etc. It is unlikely that having a baclofen pump would replace the use of either anticholenergics medications or Botox for high pressures and instability of the bladder.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

• I went and looked at a pump last week. It’s the syncomed 2 model. Is it a good pump or are there any different ones out there? I’m a T2 para and have a syrinx on the right side, so my right arm has INSNANE nerve pain and takes a fentanyl patch to control it. But I change the patch every 48 hours and my pain is up and down depending when my patch is getting due to change. So they want to do morpheme and bachlofen in the pump. So my question is does anyone get the optional remote for when you want a extra shot of meds? And with morpheme does your body always need to increase the level like all other oral opiates?? I’ve increase my fentanyl patch a little bit every year. Just curious if it’s the same with a pump. And after the trail and if it’s a success where do they place the port to refill the meds? Is it right above the pump in the belly? Thanks for the help. Hope this helps me.
      Mark 9:23 - All things are possible for those who believe.

Comment

• Is there any new technology can help on this? As we work on new technologies in medical science it would be very interesting for us if any person gives us an idea on that?

Comment

Working...
        X