Bowel accident and stress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowel accident and stress?

I have noticed this before . when i am stressed I have an accident. my wife just got out of surgery, kids are not helping, my partner at work quit leaving holding the bag. My habits have not changed...eating. drinking etc. Just curious.

Originally posted by Hunker
    I have noticed this before . when i am stressed I have an accident. my wife just got out of surgery, kids are not helping, my partner at work quit leaving holding the bag. My habits have not changed...eating. drinking etc. Just curious.
    Yep. Definitely affects me
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Comment

Guess I am spoiled sp? soiled lol . I remember in my single SCI years when I was younger I did ok (in my early 30's yet now into my 40's it is a lot harder.)

Comment

I hope it was nothing serious with your wife???

I hope everything .. comes out okay in the future!

(It sucks to get age!)
        Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Originally posted by lynnifer
          I hope it was nothing serious with your wife???

I hope everything .. comes out okay in the future!

(It sucks to get age!)
          Thanx, she had her appendix removed, it had ruptured and she will spend the week in the hospital taking antibiotics. We caught it just in time but she got up yesterday three times and is fussing and peeing so that is a good thing.

Comment

Yep. The only time I ever have a bowel accident is when I am stressed or I have my period.

Send Jewel my best!

Comment

Originally posted by Shannon
              Yep. The only time I ever have a bowel accident is when I am stressed or I have my period.

Send Jewel my best!
              Thanx Shannon I will tell her. This "Domestic Engineer" http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...estic+Engineer is some tough stuff! It was easier in the past I was younger and the kids were too. Now they are teenagers. I feel better now knowing I'm not the only one. I have been trying to reduce stress over the years..choosing my battles and I usually feel better now than I have in the past.

Comment

I agree that stress can definitely affect your bowels, the amount of time available to do bowel care and many other factors. Do you have any help available?

AAD
                The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Stress definately affects me the same way. ahhhh the joys of SCI....

Heal quick Wife of Hunker....
                  T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Oh yeah, quite common actually. The extent of it varies to be sure, but SCI, AB, pretty much anyone can get caught if they're stressed enough. Happens to me all the time but my diabetes makes it 10x worse than it would otherwise be. I remember during 9/11 I was riveted to the TV like everyone else, but had to run to the restroom at LEAST ten times that morning as well.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse
                      I agree that stress can definitely affect your bowels, the amount of time available to do bowel care and many other factors. Do you have any help available?

AAD
                      I have no insurance, I pay my Doctors in the community and it may be an extra step yet, I can provide for my family and that is my goal. I have lived longer in a chair yet I can be a better person. What should I do? Grocery shop, etc. I am so tired yet I am still awake? I called my Dad and I could not hear him from Ca. He told me he will pray. I love him, we are like brothers. I wish I could see my wife and I miss her at midnight, in my bed. Jewel is doing good she got up three times.

Comment

Working...
                      X