No announcement yet.

Suggestion for additional FORUM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beth, For heaven's sake (oops this needs to be in a religion forum) either post a thread about a specific movie you want to discuss, or go somewhere and start your own movie discussion board. (I didn;t make it through your last post either, so sorry if you already mentioned this option. )

La Mem, I love the analogy! Glad that it was pointed out that
    (you kinda repeat yourself here but that's not a problem)
    lol
    Last edited by sjean423; 28 Nov 2007, 3:32 PM.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Originally posted by sjean423
      La Mem, I love the analogy! Glad that it was pointed out that lol
      LOL
      yeah - she repeats herself - I repeat myself - you repeat yourself - and so on
      I was giving her the benefit of how we've all been there
      (angry, frustrated and typing away our thoughts)
      and hit submit before proof reading.

But I think your comment was for my benefit and I laugh along with you.

clarifying I am laughing WITH you not AT you even if the comment is
      meant to laugh AT me

it was a good one

Comment

Originally posted by Le Type Français
        Oh and Beth, I have to reiterate LaMem's point about the multi-colored posts, they're difficult to read. If you want to use several colors, at least pick one for each post. It's just so difficult on the eyes to read through multi-colored and sized paragraphs in one post.
        I will work on that. I'm not perfect - I won't be able to sever it from who I am instantly (and maybe not completely). But, with how you told me why it's a nuisance I will think of you and your statements each time I begin and limit their usage.

I tend to use it to help separate things. For instance if you read only the blue words (in my post #23) it is just what MaryEllen asked me to do - put myself in her shoes (see her point of view). The gray words mixed in there are what I would have asked her at that point of her example if she and I were having a conversation. I don't want to speak for her or imply she is saying something she is not so I use gray to separate my thoughts from hers.

(applying to the underlined) I don't feel she extends that courtesy to me.

The smaller font was to emphasize my point that she went to great lengths to hide (in my opinion) her real reason for her argument against a movie forum. All she needed to do is say, "Beth, I don't want you to stay at CCC". She already stated very good (and valid) points on why she didn't think a movie forum was warranted without being too patronizing in her #6 post.

She said there that CC cannot and should not be everything for every person. I agree and think this statement still includes me equally with her. CC should not be everything for MaryEllen. CC should not be everything for Beth. I don't think it is everything for MaryEllen but only she can answer for herself. It is not everything for me (and adding a movie forum won't make it everything for me either). The sentence does not say CC is nothing to me. It is something. And I make no pretenses that I am sci or that I have an equal claim for being here as a sci person does. (don't paraphrase that sentence or take it out of context) Such a claim would be like saying quads have more of a reason for being here than paras. Or that a happily married sci can't post to threads involving the question "do you have trouble finding dates" - they have no business being there.

In my opinion, I think MaryEllen should change her sentence italicized in the above paragraph to read how she really feels. CC should not allow ab people to join the site who are not employed in the sci field or not wed to a sci.

[side note] Kendell I consider you married to Debbie (imho)

Its a perfectly good point of view and more accurate to what she wants to say.

How does that help when a sci member wants a combined response from sci & ab?
        Will the answers encompass the statistical (in a way) view of the ab?
        If you only poll ab who have experience with sci does that give an accurate account of ab people the questioner will run into in their daily life?
        It's like when doctors run their tests they include a control group.
        An ab point of view [from outside the sci box] is of value.

To MaryEllen:

My question wasn't would you shoot down a movie forum to Todd.
        It was would you use the same reasons you gave me to make your point to him.
        I think the answer is NO.

When have I ever said I wasn't fond of you?
        I don't like your treatment of me that is all.
        And the "not again…" is easily applied to your post #22 along with how your real reason for being against anything I do is because you think I am something I am not.

People suggested in the R&S forum that I try other forums and when I go to the forum I thought I'd get the least ridicule for being ab [feedback] with a non-threatening topic such as religion and movies, you bring it right back to not-SCI-and-not-involved-with-anyone-SCI. You're so careful not to call me the one word you want to say. I have sci people in my life.

I never said I wanted to be a MOD here. Please point that statement out to back up your accusation. Please stop implying my intentions regardless of how you do it (inaccurate statements or baiting questions). I don't do that to you. The sitting on your brain implication can be included here as well.

To Chick:

Thank you VERY MUCH for the link to Juke's 'Movie Critic' thread. I will stick with that if I want to discuss movies. I see that sometimes threads are started outside his thread that relate to movies - maybe others also don't know it's there.

His thread is all lumped together but it is the best for this site. Lumped together in that "bob" wants to talk about FRED CLAUS while "sherry" wants to talk about SCARFACE at the same time.

It may not get what most will consider a lot of activity but as of right now 10,876 views and it's not even 'stickied' - it seems like it gets more interest than people realize. Do a comparison of views if you like. What are people really reading?

I succumbed to the religion aspect of my question - stated so and even faded away that using my un-liked color changing technique. My search of 'movie' was specific to the "feedback" forum and my focus at the time was to determine if the request has already been made. 13 posts touched on the word 'movie', non of the titles appeared to ask the question so I asked it. As a result of your post here I went and searched movie at the LIFE forum and 500 posts showed up. That is a long list to shift through to make sure you don't start a thread that has already been discussed. The closest thread in the 'feedback' forum was this one and I just read it completely.

/forum/showthread.php?t=38507&highlight=movie

I don't think I associated the shutting down of a thread to be related to needing a forum. But if I confused people with that correlation - for me (in my mind) was -
        1) can't continue to learn here, this thread was shut down - I'll go see if there is a thread about this subject open.
        2) I didn't see a religion forum but saw others
        Resulting in - - -

It was just a question. It was just a suggestion.

Here is another thread that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH SCI.
        It's even a topic that doesn't apply to sci only individuals.
        /forum/showthread.php?t=92013
        Not every thread or topic has to be sci associated - does it?

Math is not on every news cast. Entertainment industry is. Society is inundated with movies and television.

FINAL POSITION so we're clear - I understand neither idea will become a forum unto itself. The question and suggestion as been answered.

Please note - no color changes or font variations were applied. I have no control over the hyperlinks if they appear a different color.

Comment

Just felt a comment about repeating oneself in such a long rambling thread was ironic ...... glad you got it.

I went back and plowed through it (agree with the font color commments, especially ditch the pale ones) and I really think the amount of activity Juke's movie threads gets is related to the interest level, not "product placement" or whatever.

Go on with your discussion, I'm done.

edited to add, posted this (re colors) before I saw the above post, you type faster than I do.
          Last edited by sjean423; 28 Nov 2007, 4:02 PM.
          T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Originally posted by sjean423
            Just felt a comment about repeating oneself in such a long rambling thread was ironic ......

I went back and plowed through it (agree with the font color commments, especially ditch the pale ones) and I really think the amount of activity Juke's movie threads gets is related to the interest level, not "product placement" or whatever.

edited to add, posted this (re colors) before I saw the above epistle.
            I was applauding you with the comment - hope that came through. And I wouldn't change it at all (even if long and rambling doesn't mean I myself repeated myself within the post)
            - and yes the ironic aspect can be applied to point to point responses (noted)
            but I wasn't the first to do the point to point within this thread.

understood about the color comment including your update with edit (kapeesch)
            sorry don't know how to spell that word and can't find it in the dictionary

So do you think it gets alot of interest or not so much?
            I think people here think not alot (to back up why it doesn't warrant a forum)

I didn't know the title of it before to look for it - now that I know it THANKS TO CHICK I can find it more easily. I suppose with the number of views it gets it doesn't get beyond the 2nd page very often - so for movie lovers that's a good thing.

Thanks for your input.

Comment

accidental repost - pardon me

Comment

It's capisce, as I recall. Italian, I believe.

Yay for less colors and fonts! My brain skips over them for some reason.
                Blog:
                Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Hells Bells Beth29 - You sure have a lot of time on your hands I don't think I've ever seen such a cluster of protracted responses.

Laughing out very loud Mem at ''We're sitting on our arses not our brains'' - I must remember that one.

Beth29, You have as much right as any to be here, if we were to talk in terms of T's and C's exclusively and the fact that, as a society, we live by freedom of speech. That being said, you can't get all a-fluster if some of the membership here, [who have experienced life altering and near fatal injuries], find your persistent presence unsettling, presumably also due to the fact that you seem to lurk in R and S. Not that you have to justify yourself to me, but what is your main reason again for posting here everyday, just out of interest?

Comment

Little Miss Sunshine discussion.
                    Here is another recent movie thread. There are quite a few this fall.
                    Last edited by sjean423; 28 Nov 2007, 4:57 PM.
                    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Beth29, I'm not going point by point with you again. You still did not "get" what I said in the analogy I used.

Imagine a person other than me going to a movie board and after a brief time suggesting an SCI forum. You don't think people would get a serious case of wtf's?

Would I have had the same response to Todd (whom I love) as to you? Absolutely not. Todd is SCI. As such, Todd doesn't post almost exclusively in R & S without any connection to someone SCI.

You appeared here after you said you kissed a guy who happens to be a para. In short order, you say you became involved in another very brief relationship with another man who happened to be SCI. In both cases the feelings you had were unrequited by your own admission.

You are not SCI. You don't have a family member who is SCI. You aren't dating anyone who is SCI. Yet you remain and hang almost exclusively around the R & S forum. Can you honestly not see how that's well, a little strange to some of us?

As for those of us wanting an ab opinion on sex, there are partners of people with SCI who post here. They're in actual relationships where there is reciprocity of emotion. If anyone has need of an opinion from an ab, it seems someone who is in an actual relationship with one of us has a better idea than a woman who appears out of nowhere and claims to have had two very brief hookups with SCI guys and posts ad nauseum in the R & S forum.

That's just me. Perhaps there are those who want input from an ab who isn't in a relationship with one of us, who hasn't a clue about the daily grind of SCI and cannot possibly know the toll it can take over time on us, our partners and/or our relationships.

It's not for me to say who can and cannot post here at CC. As Cherry said, there is freedom of speech. She asked a great question, IMO.

Given freedom of speech and in the interest of avoiding personal attacks, I do feel it's also okay to say your continued presence is a bit unsettling given the things you aren't and questions about what and who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Beth29
                        I made my suggestion about the SCI forum because everyone knows SCI people are potential film buffs.
                        HUH??

never heard this one before. does this mean juke an i are eventually gonna join up and make thousands being the next ebert-n-roper.

Comment

I'm so glad I'm on this nutcase's ignore list so this shouldnt set off another tirade...so.... Damn, what a nutcase!

I loved the part of AB opinion...Yeah, you know us SCI weren't AB at one time or another and would not have the foresight to see someone that most people would generally find quite strange and repulsive and in turn we're gonna foolishly look to her for the "AB Opinion" she so gracefully would provide to us lowly cripples. Yeah, that's it, lol.

Now where is that BAN button...whoops, going a little too far for this board...but I know of quite a few other boards that would be hitting that button long ago with this thing creeping around.

<awaiting censure for being mean to the devos >

Comment

Originally posted by Andy
                            I'm so glad I'm on this nutcase's ignore list so this shouldnt set off another tirade...so.... Damn, what a nutcase!

I loved the part of AB opinion...Yeah, you know us SCI weren't AB at one time or another and would not have the foresight to see someone that most people would generally find quite strange and repulsive and in turn we're gonna foolishly look to her for the "AB Opinion" she so gracefully would provide to us lowly cripples. Yeah, that's it, lol.

Now where is that BAN button...whoops, going a little too far for this board...but I know of quite a few other boards that would be hitting that button long ago with this thing creeping around.

<awaiting censure for being mean to the devos >
                            Oh darn, now she can read this, unless she's got me on ignore too.

I've been trying to ween myself away from CC. Any SCI board that allows devos is not my kind of place. It's just hard considering I've been here for such a long time.

Comment

LOL, Andy did just that to me the other day! (quoting)
                              T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

I so hate when people quote my Iggys (people on Ignore).
                                Blog:
                                Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Working...
                                X