No announcement yet.

Was CC down, or just me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The home page is the one with the description of what CareCure Community is about, and which includes the links to the forums and to your articles Dr. Young. The forum main page is not the home page for this site. It is working now, but regardless of the url I used yesterday for the home page, I could not get it to open. I could only get in by looking back in my history and entering through either the url for the main forum page or a specific thread, as I explained yesterday and Monday in my e-mail to you. This AM when I tried to open from the url (one of those you have listed above) it did not open to either the main (home) page or to the forum page, but instead to the new user registration page.

Ron appears to have fixed things now by undoing all that was done to "fix" the site over the weekend. I hope it stays this way.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I usually leave a window open with carecure, and I would click on New Posts and that wouldn't load either.
      De Omnibus Dubitandum

Comment

I re bookmarked everything, now when I click on my carecure bookmark it takes me to the homepage & then flips me to edit profile. Does the same whether I use IE 7 or Firefox.

Comment

Oy, Kathy. Sounds very frustrating.

I haven't been having any trouble getting to the site. That is determined by internet domain name servers that send us to to home page of whatever. We only control what happens after the person gets to http://sci.rutgers.edu.

Once at the site, however, we have had some problems. The web site was not updating the table that it uses to create individual pages for users. This is the feature that allows people to ignore specific posters (in order to do that, you need specific pages just for you).

So, most people (after they have posted) are shown a page that suggest that their post does not show. So, they post it again. Usually, by the time that they click the button for repost, they find that their post shows but . We are not sure what the problem is with updating of the table.

I am not sure what was going on. Our problems might have been due to many people finding out that they can exclude certain members from their display. This may have created an extra load for the server. I don't know. The other possiblity is that central nervous signals are needed.

Wise.

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse
          The home page is the one with the description of what CareCure Community is about, and which includes the links to the forums and to your articles Dr. Young. The forum main page is not the home page for this site. It is working now, but regardless of the url I used yesterday for the home page, I could not get it to open. I could only get in by looking back in my history and entering through either the url for the main forum page or a specific thread, as I explained yesterday and Monday in my e-mail to you. This AM when I tried to open from the url (one of those you have listed above) it did not open to either the main (home) page or to the forum page, but instead to the new user registration page.

Ron appears to have fixed things now by undoing all that was done to "fix" the site over the weekend. I hope it stays this way.

(KLD)

Comment

Still taking me to edit profile when I click on the homepage. Seem like not only are the members of board going loony but the site is too.

Comment

So far so good today, thanks to everyone for their hard work.

(altho ironically, just as I went to post this everything hung up for a minute there??)
              T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Yes, we just had to restart the server.

Wise.

Comment

I had a little trouble around 3:30p.m.
                  Be yourself!!!
                  http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
                  BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
                  Sponsored Athlete
                  http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
                  www.genegvd.com

Comment

There appeared to be no board for some hours this morning. And then the front page of the board arrived, but an error message came up whenever I clicked on anything.

Comment

Thank you for reviving the CC forum!

Comment

Server status

Hi All,

I'm sure many of you have noticed the several CareCure crashes over the past few months. When it's down, the site appears to be unreachable for some period of time until one of us can get to the Keck Center at Rutgers and manually restart the computer server.

I've pretty much ruled out the forum database software as the cause of these crashes so I finally put in a call to the hardware support people. Since nothing is obvious in the hardward logs, they would like to wait until the next crash and then analyse the most current logs before sending a service person.

Therefore, you should see one more crash one of these days. If all goes well we'll capture the information needed and solve the problem asap.

Just thought you would like to know where we stand. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Ron

Comment

Thanks for the info, Ron.

Comment

Working...
                          X