New York "Rally For The Cure", Saturday June 10, Winter Garden in New York City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sue Pendleton
    DA, for those who go to New York the funds we riase and the video clips are done before we arrive. Once the evening festivities are over and those with blessedly large hearts and pockets leave we can then go out together with our CC buds. It's a good time to meet people you have only met via the net or phone before. And as one quad said last year, "you know you're with friends when you can order buffalo wings and eat them at the bar instead of taking them home and wrapping yourself in a dish towel before chowing down."

So for those who can make it there is a little time after Wise, hopefully, gives us all an update on where things stand around the world to get to the rally. Once the rally is over this is many peoples' only vacation because of family budgets. And it is very near to ferries to Liberty Island and many family attractions.
    sue, we already have a date so everyone can meet. the post cure cruise and the wheelchair bon fire.

Comment

Is this the same location where the last rally was? At any rate I'm in

Jack
      "Stand strong in the storms of life,The sun will always shine on you" Kid Rock

Comment

Originally posted by jack9166
        Is this the same location where the last rally was? At any rate I'm in

Jack
        Jack, we will be renting the Winter Garden again in the World Financial Center next to Ground Zero. Now that people know the place, it should be easier to arrange. Wise.

Comment

Will we be getting a group rate at Embassy Suites again? I think this time I will fly to NY and stay in the city.

Jack

Comment

Sounds good, I will be there for sure. Got some donations set up already.
            "Life is about how you
            respond to not only the
            challenges you're dealt but
            the challenges you seek...If
            you have no goals, no
            mountains to climb, your
            soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

Two things...

1) Seriously though, is this rally only about SCI or stem cells in general or what? I ask because I have CP; I do receive regular emails about stem cell research from CP organizations, so many CP advocates DO feel this is also about us--whether that seems like an intrusive question or not (don't mean it that way).

2) I have friends working for a health-supplement company in NY who might be willing to contribute a basket, who should they contact? And would supplements (amino acids, vitamins, etc) be welcome?

Thanks,
              TJ
              "Who are all these strange ghosts rooted to the silly little adventure of earth with me?"--Jack Kerouac

Comment

I cant wait until june i was at the last rally and that is where i met DR. WISE i already started to get donations and cant wait. It will be great to meet everyone from care cure who attends.
                For every minute you're angry you lose a second of happiness

Comment

why do I feel

I'm always out of the loop on these things? I live in NY have a SCI ...
                  Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Comment

How does one find out about costs?

Joe
                    And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDecafPlz
                      How does one find out about costs?

Joe
                      Joe,

People who raise money for the rally, any amount of money, can attend. Many people raised $50 or whatever they can. They submit pledges to Patricia Morton at the W. M. Keck Center for Collaborative Neuroscience. If they achieve what they pledge, that is great. If not, that is also great.

You can do this by email, phone, or mail. The contact information is at http://keck.rutgers.edu/contact/contact.html

The amounts that you raise will be tax deductable and contributed to the Spinal Cord Injury Project at Rutgers University.

Wise.
                      Last edited by Wise Young; 12-27-2005, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrSoul
                        1) Seriously though, is this rally only about SCI or stem cells in general or what? I ask because I have CP; I do receive regular emails about stem cell research from CP organizations, so many CP advocates DO feel this is also about us--whether that seems like an intrusive question or not (don't mean it that way).

2) I have friends working for a health-supplement company in NY who might be willing to contribute a basket, who should they contact? And would supplements (amino acids, vitamins, etc) be welcome?

Thanks,
                        TJ
                        MrSoul,

This is a rally to benefit spinal cord injury research and anything that affect the spinal cord. I believe that the research is relevant to people with cerebral palsy as well. It is an opportunity for the community to get together and to meet each other, as well as raise some money.

Thank you very much for the suggestion of a health-food supplement company contributing a basket. Write to Patricia Morton at SCIProject@biology.rutgers.edu and she can help you further to figure out the best way that they can contribute.

Wise.
                        Last edited by Wise Young; 12-27-2005, 07:36 PM.

Comment

There is a strong chance that I may be in NYC in June - can someone from outside the States come to the rally? Just wondering. It would be nice to have the chance to meet other CCers if I am there.

Comment

Originally posted by carbar
                            There is a strong chance that I may be in NYC in June - can someone from outside the States come to the rally? Just wondering. It would be nice to have the chance to meet other CCers if I am there.
                            carbar, of course people from outside the US come to the rally! You would be very welcome indeed. We had people from Norway and Canada, and possibly other places come to the rally last year. Wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Liz321
                              I'm always out of the loop on these things? I live in NY have a SCI ...
                              Liz, you can email Ptaricia Morton at the address Wise posted below and ask to be put on the SCI Project's mailing list.
                              Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

Wise or Patricia

Would it be possible for you guys to come up with some kind of raffle? between work and all the people I know I could sell tons of raffle tickets.

Jack

Comment

Working...
                                X