Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters

I tried posting a reply to a thread several times and got the error message "The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters" My post was much longer than 5 characters, what gives?
    De Omnibus Dubitandum

Somehow the body of your post is not being passed to the server. It appears blank which is less than five characters. If I lowered the limit to zero characters it will not fix the problem.

Unfortunately, this issue is extremely hard to troubleshoot as it happens on such a small percentage of user computers.

We're really sorry. And we're working on it.

What users can do is delete cached and temp files, install a new browser and make any other changes they can think of. Often this will cause their situation to be resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by Myc0
      I tried posting a reply to a thread several times and got the error message "The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters" My post was much longer than 5 characters, what gives?
      Testing...

What's your computer setup, Myc0? What browser and Operating System do you use?
      ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Comment

I'm using Internet Explorer on Windows XP, and if I try to post I get the error message. To make it work I have to copy the message, hit post, and when I get the error hit back, then paste and post again, then it works.
        De Omnibus Dubitandum

Comment

i get the same thing, i hit back and than go forward and try to post again, it goes through
          firefox 1.07 browser
          cauda equina

Comment

Could one or both of you save the HTML (View->Source) of the reply pages and then upload them as attachments? I doubt there will be a difference, but you never know.

Jeff, does the log file show them attempting to post and sending no data?
            ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Comment

I had the same trouble posting and got that message. The way around it is just to do a Quick Reply which is right to the quote button.
              Josh Basile

www.determined2heal.org

"Hope is the drug that keeps me steady"

Comment

test message over 5 characters long.i cant load the htm, it says it is too long...The text that you have entered is too long (51213 characters.
                i cant upload or attach the file since htm is not on the attach list..
                when i look at the html file , there are no characters in the message?? its totally blank..
                Last edited by metronycguy; 10-29-2005, 09:36 PM.
                cauda equina

Comment

Testing the ''Quick reply'' method..

Comment

That worked..

Comment

Testing normally..

No dice...I use Slimbrowser,but i tried Explorer and Netscape with no luck..

Comment

Here is the source for the reply page as an attachment, I had to rename it as a *.txt file to upload it
                        De Omnibus Dubitandum

Comment

other reply

Here is the source of the reply page after the error and hitting the back button to redo it, not sure if it is different, renamed the *.htm file as *.txt for this one to.
                          De Omnibus Dubitandum

Comment

3rd times the charm

oops, that 2nd attachment I saved as text using the IE menu, whereas the first one I just changed the filename. I'm not sure which one you wanted, so here's the 2nd one again in the same format as the first, where I just saved the *.htm file and then renamed it as *.txt
                            Last edited by Myc0; 10-29-2005, 10:10 PM.
                            De Omnibus Dubitandum

Comment

hmm, and now I'm testing the quick reply button, feel free to delete any unnecessary posts
                              De Omnibus Dubitandum

Comment

Working...
                              X