Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing forum

Hi,
    This is driving me to distraction....................

For some reason, when I load carecure forums, the Relationships and Sexuality forum is not on the list anymore. I've changed nothing, ie cookies, etc, and all was working last week, but now I've got to google for it, and sign in seperately to access it. Any suggestions as to what is wrong here?

Ian

Are you logged in when you don't see the forum? Since R&S is for members only, you must be having this problem because the site thinks that you are not logged in. Check in the upper right corner to see if its showing you as logged in. If you seem to be getting logged out, you can try checking the "Remember Me" option.

Comment

Hi Monique,
      Yes, I'm logged in, thst's what's so puzzling. As I said, nothing has been changed on my pc internet wise, but for some reason the R&S forum is sometimes not there. Just to confuse matters, I rebooted, connected again and R&S is available as it should be. It was like this yesterday, fine in the morning, but early evening, R&S had disappeared again.
      I can't think of a reason for this happening at all. It's no biggie, more a nuisance.

Thanks

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian B
        Hi Monique,
        Yes, I'm logged in, thst's what's so puzzling. As I said, nothing has been changed on my pc internet wise, but for some reason the R&S forum is sometimes not there. Just to confuse matters, I rebooted, connected again and R&S is available as it should be. It was like this yesterday, fine in the morning, but early evening, R&S had disappeared again.
        I can't think of a reason for this happening at all. It's no biggie, more a nuisance.

Thanks

Ian
        There are several possibilities. The first is that you are not logged in. The second is that your browser is utilizing an old cache page. A third possibility is that the carecure site is not creating the pages for you properly.

This site creates customized pages for every registered user. That is so that people can choose specific ways in which their pages are displayed. So, for every registered user, the site maintains custom pages that are set for that user alone.

I think that the site is working properly. I come onto the site every day and have not noticed any problems. If this is something that more people are reporting, I would be more worried but this is the first report of this happening. Make sure that you are logged in and that your browser is working properly. Please let us know if this problem continues.

Thanks.

Wise.

Comment

Hi Wise,
          Everything 'appears' to be back to normal now, I flushed my cookies and started again. I still can't work out why this problem was intermittent, and I would have thought it would affect the entire range of forums here, rather than just the R&S forum. I'll report back if it happens again.
          I'm using IE v6/Crazy Browser v2.01 to access the net, with no problems at any other site I regularly use.

Thanks

Ian
          Last edited by Ian B; 5 Sep 2005, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Dr. Young

I to have had this problem in the past with just the "Relationships/Sexuality" Forum, tells me I need to re-register and I always hit the "remember me" as well

Sometimes I can get in like a breeze other times not. Hummmm

I thought it was just me.

Queen
            Your life is what you make it, and only you have that choice!

Comment

So when you guys can't see R&S you can still see the Members Only forum? That just makes it more confusing. Sometimes if I don't check Remember Me the site doesn't immediately see me as logged in but after I Refresh the page and/or re-login it works fine.

Comment

Hi Monique,
                Yes, that's right, when it happens it's only the R%S forum that is missing for me, and like queen, I have to re-register to gain access, tho' I'm definitely logged in. I'm just glad it's not only me that's noticed this issue.

Ian

Comment

Ian, by re-register do you mean actually create a new username/new account?

I will search the vBulletin support db for an answer. If I can't find anything I'll post a question.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Weeks
                    Ian, by re-register do you mean actually create a new username/new account?

I will search the vBulletin support db for an answer. If I can't find anything I'll post a question.
                    Hi Jeff,
                    No, not a new username/account. Basically what hapens is, I load carecure and the R&S forum is 'missing'. I have to google it, only to be told I have to login to access it, even tho' I 'am' logged in. Once done, I can go back to the forum list and R&S is present. Even after doing this, on more than one occasion, I've had to repeat this later the same day. This has only started happening in the past 2 or 3 weeks, there have been no changes, net wise, on my pc that could account for it.

Ian

Comment

there has been changes on the site in teh last 2-3 weeks. make sure that IE is set to load a fresh page on every visit. that way it doesn't load from your computer at all. see if that resolves the issue since you've already dumped cache and cookies.
                      http://official-linerider.com/index.html

Comment

Hi Jadis,
                        Thanks, will try that next time it happens (everytning appears ok now)

Ian

Comment

Working...
                        X