No announcement yet.

Is the font size too big, just right, or too small

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This font is too small for my aging eyes. I don't want to have to click ctrl-plus in Mozilla to increase the size just when I'm on this site (though if this is what the majority prefers, so be it.) Yesterday's size may have been a bit large, but it was certainly readable.

The size in the Quick Reply box as I type this is just fine, but the text in the messages isn't.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Comment

Yesterdays was better. Todays looks like the orig 10pt or possibly a touch smaller.
      "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Comment

Originally posted by alan
        This font is too small for my aging eyes. I don't want to have to click ctrl-plus in Mozilla to increase the size just when I'm on this site (though if this is what the majority prefers, so be it.) Yesterday's size may have been a bit large, but it was certainly readable.

The size in the Quick Reply box as I type this is just fine, but the text in the messages isn't.
        Alan, I would like to leave it at the current size just a day or so longer, to get more feedback. I can tweak it up one pixel but want to see what more people think about the font size. Thanks. Wise.

Comment

Originally posted by AO
          My humble opinion is the original size was great, the change to the large font was awful but now it's ok-ish, I dont feel like a grandmother reading one of those large type books

That's my feedback if it's worth anything. Running internet explorer at 1280x1024 resolution on a 19" lcd.

Im on a 15" powerbook set at 1280x854. I'd set it smaller if I could LOL.

Safari is set to a font of Tahoma 12pt.
          http://official-linerider.com/index.html

Comment

Jadis, in Safari, enable the Text Size buttons. I'm the same way as you re: the fonts... I'd shrink 'em, but I understand accessibility/usability issues, so whatever.

Comment

Up one Pixel

Would certainly help my aging eyes as well.
              Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

I "see" the difficulties y'all face

I fired up Firefox to see what CC looks like in it.

The font is much larger by default. What's weird is, I can enlarge the font more using the options, but I can't shrink it at all. The default is as small as it will get. Y'all got your work cutout for you trying to please everyone.

I would use Firefox more but one function on my Dell laptop won't work on it. I use the top "edge" of my touchpad to "page back/forward" by sliding my finger, this doesn't work on Firefox. I'm kind of used to it.

Good luck on finding the/a solution.
                "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Comment

Originally posted by McDuff
                  I fired up Firefox to see what CC looks like in it.

The font is much larger by default. What's weird is, I can enlarge the font more using the options, but I can't shrink it at all. The default is as small as it will get. Y'all got your work cutout for you trying to please everyone.

I would use Firefox more but one function on my Dell laptop won't work on it. I use the top "edge" of my touchpad to "page back/forward" by sliding my finger, this doesn't work on Firefox. I'm kind of used to it.

Good luck on finding the/a solution.
                  McDuff, thanks. There is an element of people getting use to the fonts. This was exactly the same problem that we had with the old infopop site when I chose a larger font and everybody complained.

Cheesecake, I may switch to one pixel higher but am hoping for a bit more feedback. Wise.

Comment

McDuff, here's an atta-boy for clueing me in on how to change font sizes displayed on vbulletin pages. With your tips I finally can see text on these types of boards without going nuts trying to see it! (For the past 3 years I have been running resolutions of 1920x1200 or 1600x1200 and trying to read tiny text )

Comment

Cripes! No wonder it's small for you....

Mine is adjusted down as small as it will go for laptop - desktop is actually adjusted down one res set smaller.
                      http://official-linerider.com/index.html

Comment

thanks man

-----------------------------

monkey

Comment

Working...
                        X