Is the font size too big, just right, or too small

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott Pruett
    • In Windows Internet Explorer, use the View - Text Size menu.
    Scott, just so we're on the same page, the above option does not work on CC now unless you use the "ignore font size" option also. This is not the case with all other websites.

I think we are saying the same thing, just clarifying for myself.
    Last edited by McDuff; 10 Jul 2005, 1:00 PM.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Comment

Maybe Jeff should talk to John Lester over at the MGH Braintalk forums, since thy are also using the same software but have a larger default text size.

(KLD)
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Thanks McDuff. That's good to note. I don't have the reason as to why that's occurring, but my guess is that it's related to how the page styles are defined.

For anyone interested in digging deeper, a good resource to "consult" is the W3C, a.k.a. the World Wide Web Consortium: http://www.w3.org/

quick overview on font size & design: http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/font-size

everything about fonts w/in CSS2 specs: http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/fonts.html

Comment

About 12 hours ago, I increased the font size within tags to 11. Are things better for those who think that the font sizes are too small? Thanks very much.

Wise.

Comment

Better now thanks.

Joe
            And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

boy this is frustrating.
              http://official-linerider.com/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by Jadis
                boy this is frustrating.

I agree...

Comment

Wise, yeah it is more readable now. I can be happy with this solution. 'Til my eyes get worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Davey

I agree...
                    I actually have to take my glasses off to read this board, then put them on to read others. I'm supposed to wear my glasses all the time too. The font's too big and it gives me a headache.
                    Last edited by Jadis; 12 Jul 2005, 1:19 PM. Reason: can't spell for beans

Comment

I actually have to take my glasses off to read this board, then put them on to read others. I'm supposed to wear my glasses all the time too. The font's too big and it gives me a headache.
                      Jadis, I notice your post used the size=2 option, did you try to do this or is this somehow defaulting for you?

Comment

Jadis and Davey, thank you so much for your patience and for tolerating the font changes. I cannot use my own browser to tell whether the font sizes are appropriate for everybody and therefore have been changing the sizes one step at a time for feedback.

We are making progress. It is clear that the critical variable is the font size within tags. When it is set to 12pt, it was too big for me. I changed it to 11pt and it was still a bit big but tolerable but others think that it is still too big.

I have just now changed it to 13px. This changes the font to the equivalent of 12 pt text on my browser. I am going to leave it like this for a little while and get some comments.

Wise.
                        Last edited by Wise Young; 12 Jul 2005, 3:05 PM.

Comment

The text is actually smaller now. (I prefer it this way, but other's dont.)

It might be beneficial to allow the users to control their font options via a few javascript functions that increase and decrease the font size and store the default in a cookie.
                          ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Comment

My humble opinion is the original size was great, the change to the large font was awful but now it's ok-ish, I dont feel like a grandmother reading one of those large type books

That's my feedback if it's worth anything. Running internet explorer at 1280x1024 resolution on a 19" lcd.
                            _____oOo_____
                            Phil C6
                            "If you can't explain it to me in less than 10 seconds, it's probably not worth knowing anyway..." - Calvin

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Edwards
                              The text is actually smaller now. (I prefer it this way, but other's dont.)

It might be beneficial to allow the users to control their font options via a few javascript functions that increase and decrease the font size and store the default in a cookie.
                              Thanks. I think that we may be getting close. Let's see what people think of the new size.

Wise.

Comment

thank you Wise, much better. Any smaller than this and it may be too small.

Comment

Working...
                                X