An Invitation from (GM) General Motors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Invitation from (GM) General Motors

General Motors (GM) is creating an exclusive online community to help shape transportation solutions for people with limited mobility. This includes people with disabilities and their caregivers. For over 20 years, GM has worked on a variety of issues dealing with senior drivers and people with disabilities through various engineering and other initiatives.

GM wants to hear directly from consumers while designing these solutions. As a community member, you will discuss and share opinions on revolutionary technologies, react to questions posed by GM, provide insight into your lifestyle and how innovative features will enhance how you interact with your vehicle. In addition, you will build rewarding friendships with other members, and receive periodic gifts and rewards in exchange for your participation. This is a unique opportunity for you to serve as a consultant to GM - less than three hundred people will be chosen.

Please click on the URL below to complete a 10-minute questionnaire. Your responses will help GM select community members, and will be used ONLY for that purpose. All of your responses will be kept confidential. GM will have no right to use or distribute any of your personal information, questionnaire responses or e-mail addresses for any other purposes.

http://websurveyor.net/wsb.dll/13201...htm?wsb116=NML

Thanks for your participation.

Sincerely,

Jim Kornas

Director of Mobility Product Development

General Motors Corporation

c/o Communispace

200 Talcott Avenue

Watertown, MA 02472

Tried doing this, it asks two questions then says 'accepting' the 'survey'. Went into the web site, found the entry point and tried to take the 'survey' again, but it says that it can only be taken once by my workstation. Looks like the web site needs a bit more work [img]/forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img].

Never underestimate an individual, Never overestimate a bureaucracy.

Comment

chasb,
      I wonder if GM might be open to a Suburban
      size donation to the Rally for the Cure.

MVA's seem prominent in the SCI community.

<"();:::::::::::::::;~
      Life isn't about getting thru the storm but learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

You never know unless you ask them. GM e mailed another link to me. Perhaps this link will work better.

http://websurveyor.net/wsb.dll/WSPersistentSurveyList

Comment

Now when I click on the link it says:

"You have no uncompleted surveys"

Oh well [img]/forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img], you tried, GM's site has never been terribly good. When I bought my camaro, there was no way to refreash the dealer pages, so I couldn't watch for the arrival of a specific car. I finally had to write a spider to go through the html I wanted to watch for updates. Interesting though, glad you posted it, and much appreciated!

[This message was edited by Aquitaine on 04-17-04 at 09:34 AM.]

Comment

I never give up. Try this one.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by chasb:

I never give up. Try this one.

Sorry, same result, maybe if I tried using a different UID, I'll ask someone at work to let me use their PC to try and do this monday. Let you know then if it works. Thanks chas. BTW: Hope you don't work for GM, no offense meant.

...Oh yeah, how come I can't click on the "avatar" (your forum ID or the hourglass image, which also doesn't show) for 3 out of the 4 posts here. Hmm.. looks like another bug in this forum [img]/forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img].

Comment

The first link worked for me. I answered a few questions, then it took me to New Mobility lol.

C5/6 incomplete, injured Aug. 2000
                  Blog:
                  Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Lindox, Can you find me an address for GM's community relations? I'll try. I come from a town GM built and I know their ergonomics person has a SCI too.

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."
                    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

No, I don't work for GM. I was e-mailed this message and figured some of the people here might contribute some valuable information. The link worked for me. I think they send you a "cookie" so you only are able to take the survey 1 time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sue Pendleton:

Lindox, Can you find me an address for GM's community relations? I'll try. I come from a town GM built and I know their ergonomics person has a SCI too.

Sue,

Try
                        Mary Henige
                        313-667-4103
                        313-667-4001 fax
                        maryhenige@gm.com

also
                        glen_foldessy@gmacm.com
                        bailey@baileypr.com

Should get some results from these three somehow.
                        Shoot if we get a positive response..may as
                        well try Austin-Healey thru Volkswagon I guess huh?

Let me know how you approach them..I need lessons in this. I am too blunt.
                        Then I'll do a few other manufacturers if you would like.
                        Thanks

<"();:::::::::::::::;~
                        Life isn't about getting thru the storm but learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Thanks Lindox,

I'll let you know what they say. The biggest thing is to not ask based on how their vehicles cause SCIs but on how many SCIs use their vehicles and their support could lead to more people with disabilties buying GM products.

I was thinking that gift certificates from Home Depot or Lowe's may also be possible because of homes needing remodeled.

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

I got picked to be a part of this group.....But, either I didn't pay attention to what I was supposed to do/ where to go, or they didn't say. Did anyone else get picked? If so, what now?

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."
                            Franklin D. Roosevelt
                            "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."
                            - Alan Kay

Comment

Good for you Amanda. Now tie a knot and hang on. JK. Go back and re-read their message to you. If nothing is said inset, I am shure they will be contacting you in the future.

Comment

Working...
                              X