Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advertising on this site

miguelweiss posted 02-10-04 04:45 PM
    This idea might not be well received. However, with this high number of visits it would be a good idea to make some profit by selling some sort of propaganda space on the site, and use the income to finance medical research or other ideas. On the other hand I am ignorant about Rutgers regulations, and I must accept that the university was of a great help by allowing this SCI forum to exist.
    Miguel,

Advertising revenues, particularly on a site that is small like ours with less than 100,000 views per day, is not that great. An ad paragraph with a lead-in paragraph average about $120 for 3 months. An ad with a featured side-box is $150 for 3 months. A ad with a picture would get probably $180 for 3 months. Is this worth our users having to look at something several dozen or even hundreds of times a day?

Wise.

Wise - good point. However, in the upper-right corner of each screen there's plenty of unused real estate that a couple ads could be placed in. It might be worth a shot. Who knows, it could at least offset server costs.

I dunno, maybe it's not something to pursue further. I'm just thinking.

Just out of curiosity, how much bandwidth does this site use each month?

Comment

scott,

I have graph which I update daily in called Community Metrics 2004 in the Announcement forum summarizing the number of daily views aand visitors. The bandwidth of the site ranges from about 600-1100 Mb per day.

Wise.

Comment

Working...
      X