No announcement yet.

Community metrics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's nice to login in and notice that there are nearly 100 people on the site at once...

Comment

Outstanding. If the US government knew of how much money is being saved in healthcare costs by the Care forum alone. What could be the next step? I suggest attempts at corporate sponsoring ala Seti at Home. At this rate, the sky´s the limit. Wise, it all started with a bankrupt website ready to bite the dust and your initative and resources. Congratulations and thanks.

"So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer
      "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

Comment

Congrats to CC and all who make it great. [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Thank you. I for one am very grateful for its existence. [img]/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks, Chris and Mike. The increase in traffic appears to be more than just a blip due to the intense interest in the Beijing trial. We are consistently getting more than 50,000 page views per day, 1700 visitors per week day, and over 200 posts per day.

The amount of information that is being downloaded from the site is impressive. With consistently over 350,000 page views, 2000 posts, and 11,000 visitors per week, downloading 2-3 Gb of text and other information, I think that we have become a major source of information for the spinal cord injury community.

The task that lies in front of us is to organize this information so that it is readily accessible to new users. The difficulty of finding information on this site is beginning to worry me. We have several potential approaches towards this problem... one is to get Google to come in and make a keyword-based and relevance based search index for our site. Another is to spend a lot of time to cull out the nuggets from the mountain of information.

Wise.

Wise.

[This message was edited by Wise Young on 11-19-03 at 11:47 AM.]

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving! This site's traffic tends to decline on weekends and holidays. The heaviest traffic usually appears at the beginning of the work week and tapers towards the end of the week.

We are approaching 5000 members. Probably in another two weeks, we will hit that milestone. What has been amazing to me has been the doubling of the number of visitors and posts per week and the nearly tenfold increase in the volume of data downloaded per week since April.

Wise.

Comment

With an average of 2000+ posts, 11000+ visitors, 300,000+ page views, and 2.5+ Gb downloaded per week, and nearly 5000 registered members, carecure has reached a new milestone of activity and participation by the community. In spite of two days of Thanksgiving holiday and a weekend, we stayed in the range in the past week. Wise.

Wise.

Comment

Thank you for all your "Wise" work. Your a step ahead of the rest, Dr. Wise. [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

"I guess pain is a great motivator."- Yanni

Comment

So who is passing out the Havanas? [img]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

getting close. should hit 5000 today or tomorrow. Wise.

Comment

Well, we hit the 5000 mark on Wednesday December 10, 2003. Wise.

Comment

Should we own stock or something??

[img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Joe
                        And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDecafPlz:

Should we own stock or something??

[img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Joe
                          Joe, that is not such a bad idea. We are getting now over 11,000 visits per week from over 5000 registered members, looking at over 300,000 pages on the site every week. There is a lot of valuable information on this site. We currently have nearly 140,000 messages on the database.

If we offer stock starting at a $10 per share, I think that people would buy. The stock will give community ownership of the site.

Wise.

Comment

Sounds interesting. How would the site produce revenue? Would you consider advertisers, otherwise, the fee would be a membership or registration fee. [img]/forum/images/smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Bigbob, I am continuing the discussion in the Funding and Legislation Forum at the following topic link. See my answer there. Wise.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X