Links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Links

There doesn't seem to be a link from the Forum page to the chapters pages. Or am I missing it?
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

I believe the Chapters forums were eliminated (due to lack of activity) when we moved to the new platform. (KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I can still get there when I search Arizona.
      "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

Comment

I wish you would add them back.

Comment

• SCI-Nurse
          SCI-Nurse commented
          Editing a comment
          Why? The Chapters forums were rarely used. (KLD)

For example me it allows me to communicate with people from Arizona. Because I’ve been gathering information from AZ Sci community on what its like there because I’m trying to relocate there.

Comment

After a review of the state chapter channels it was found that they contain mostly redundant content. Filled with posts about housing, recreation, doctors and facilities, etc. Not only that, but similar topics about specific states started in the other subject oriented channels get far more traffic, views, and germane replies.

Instead of fractured subject oriented data over 50 state specific channels, using the subject oriented channels yields a better overall result.

E.g. A post titled "Arizona Real Estate", in the Housing channel, will get more traffic, and be seen by more Arizonans, or folks with experience and knowledge about Arizona real estate, than the same post made in the state specific channel. Usage patterns show folks simply don't look there often. And when they do look there, it's because they clicked on a link in New or Recent posts, so even when the post originates in a state forum, that isn't a factor that drives views.

So, for other technical reasons (that aren't relevant to the members), and based on the usage patterns of the site, it is much better for us to keep data about a single subject in one subject oriented channel, with post titles and content that make it more specific.

All channels remain searchable via Advanced Search, for archive purposes. We don't delete data.
          "I have great faith in fools; ‘self-confidence’, my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

I would just add that the elimination of the international location forums for our many non-USA members was done for the same reason.

(KLD)
            The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
            X