Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site will be unavailable 4-25-21 between 10am and 2pm

(Eastern Daylight Time)

OldGrumpyDad will be moving the web and database servers over to a new hardware environment during this time. Thanks for your patience!
    Last edited by Oddity; 23 Apr 2021, 9:35 PM.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

All done. Searching (quick, advanced, recent posts, and new posts links) will be sluggish until the search index is fully rebuilt. It might cause some other general sluggishness but so far we are seeing much better numbers on the back end. Thanks for your patience.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Almost there, just checking on email...

Comment

• OldGrumpyDad
        OldGrumpyDad commented
        Editing a comment
        can I get an email? pretty please?

Still more posting. These things should generate emails.

Comment

Need to post again to queue up emails.

Comment

OMG. I'm dizzy from the speed!

Comment

The forum is fully responding now, as I would expect it to, it's much easier to browse around now.

Comment

Marvelous! Thank you both so much for your hard work, this is smooth as silk and very fast. Big thumbs-up!
              MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Comment

Great job! Didn't mind a little lag time previous but this has a lot of zip to it. Thank you.

Comment

Thxs to whoever funded the newer hardware!
                  "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
                  T5/6 complete

Comment

Originally posted by Rook98006 View Post
                    Thxs to whoever funded the newer hardware!
                    That would be OldGrumpyDad. Not that he'd say anything, because he's a classy guy, but he funded the entire move off of Rutger's infrastructure, and this hardware upgrade.

(We aren't asking or looking for donations.

We don't have a setup to manage that (like a 501c3) that would be transparent, and auditable, by the community, or stakeholders (I.e. Dr. Young, Jim, et al.)

He uses the hardware to run a number of other systems, for his own use, so it isn't 100% dedicated to CC, but the horsepower dedicated to CC now is much higher in the new environment.)

Comment

Was any data lost in the migration? This poll can't be found: "Invalid node id specified". It was in the Life forum. I could just create a new one.
                      https://www.carecure.net/forum/sci-c...ssue-right-now
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	carecureLostPoll.PNG
Views:	37
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	2908983
                      Attached Files
                      "Cherish your tears. If you can cry, you still have some humanity left, and you are reclaiming more of it." -- David Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by dnvrdave View Post
                        Was any data lost in the migration? This poll can't be found: "Invalid node id specified". It was in the Life forum. I could just create a new one.
                        https://www.carecure.net/forum/sci-c...ssue-right-now
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	carecureLostPoll.PNG
Views:	37
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	2908983
                        Approximately what time did you initially post that? There was an unfortunate, but not very large, gap between the backup used for the migration and the forums being disabled. I hadn't seen anything but I suspect you may have posted it during that gap.

Comment

The poll was probably posted between 8 - 9 pm Mtn Time on 24 April.
                          "Cherish your tears. If you can cry, you still have some humanity left, and you are reclaiming more of it." -- David Kelly

Comment

All my PMs from the last week, six or seven of them, have disappeared without a trace. Both sent and received.

But I have to add that the faster response is great.

Comment

• Oddity
                              Oddity commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Wow. Ok. I will look into that. There was a pruning process run to remove old PMs and PMs marked for deletion. It's a task that we hadn't been running for a while. Anyway, I will take a look. We have a couple copies of the site in different versions etc for testing and migrating and stuff so I should be able to see if something went wrong.

• OldGrumpyDad
                              OldGrumpyDad commented
                              Editing a comment
                              So THAT's why the site was so slow! You had so many PMs! just kidding. We will figure this out. There's a full database backup, as a worst case solution. But it is very difficult to actually restore just a single user's PMs.
                          Working...
                          X