No announcement yet.

CareCure site speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the offer Rook. We are poised to make a big shift in the hardware environment, very soon, so I will follow-up with you after that (in the worst case scenario that it doesn't help.). Cheers and thank you!
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Thanks for your continued commitment and hard work.

Comment

As you can see in Oddity's post, we're gonna bite the bullet and move to the new hardware Sunday morning East Coast US time.

Comment

I'll be interested to see how the site feels to people now that we moved it. The new hardware is much faster and it feels peppier to me.

Comment

• OldGrumpyDad
            OldGrumpyDad commented
            Editing a comment
            Posting this note took 3.99s for my browser. While it seems perhaps a long time, I think it was upwards of 10-15 seconds to post before. This is definitely an improvment.

• slow_runner
            slow_runner commented
            Editing a comment
            Great speed, great success! Well done to the team and their effort for the site and our benefit. Thank you

I have made three searches for hand controls - so fast. If that is an indication of the success of the move then there you are, it is. Kudos and congratulations to those concerned, you may take a well deserved bow.
          I applaud you

Comment

• OldGrumpyDad
            OldGrumpyDad commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m guessing somebody named “slow runner” must know a thing or two about slowness. So I’ll take that as a compliment. Glad it’s better!

Thanks fellas!

Comment

Much better than before!

I still suggest a switch to XF though, it's worlds ahead of vB, switching is actually fairly easy.

Comment

I also put the site behind CloudFront, which will make a big difference for you if you’re coming from Australia. There are caches local to you for static content (though the dynamic stuff comes all the way from Virginia). That’s been a big part of feeling faster. Lots of local delivery. Lots of caching.

Comment

Thanks for all the work (again!). It’s definitely faster but, strangely, I didn’t have a problem with the site speed before the upgrade (ie pages loaded within a couple of seconds every time). Australia is not known for its fast internet speed, and I use an iPad that is probably 5 years old, so I have no idea why the speed was ok for me and not others....
                Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

Comment

fast as fast can be wow

Comment

Awesome job guys, the admin controls are super fast also!

Comment

• OldGrumpyDad
                      OldGrumpyDad commented
                      Editing a comment
                      "Rebuilding search" was a thing that took like 24 hours last year and it made the site super slow the whole time. We did it on Tuesday and it was like 3 hours, no fuss.

Search is really flying. The whole site is top notch.
                    Thanks for all your work and expertise.

Comment

Really, this is just a wonderful improvement. I know it was very painstaking, arduous, time-consuming work, and I join my fellow CC members in thanking OldGrumpyDad and Oddity.
                      MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Comment

Just want to acknowledge you two for making this site infinitely better! I used to avoid opening some posts because I just didn't have the time!
                        Now I am much more immersed!
                        69yo male T12 complete since 1995
                        NW NJ

Comment

Thanks everyone. We are making good progress and that feels great.

There is an outstanding issue right now, with the caching. Some members are having to check the "Remember Me" box in order to login (to get a fresh valid cookie and sessionhash and securitytoken), and if you're a frequent visitor (many times a day) to the site, then the home page Since Last Visit list might be 5-10 minutes out of date. Refreshing the home page (sometimes twice) fixes that.

Obviously we are not happy about that, it's a bug, it seems, and OldGrumpyDad submitted a support ticket with VBulletin to get some help addressing this.

Cheers!
                          "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Working...
                          X