Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I usually browse on my computer and click on new posts, but on my iPhone there is no new posts provision. Am I doing something wrong?
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

Where it is depends on how you hold your phone. (Edit: AND which browser you're using!) Landscape or portrait mode in Safari on iOS 13.7 looks like this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	57731843-E6B6-4A2A-9EA2-CC403660FC34.png Views:	0 Size:	99.6 KB ID:	2903133

Click image for larger version  Name:	2F3E9BD9-2E7B-4EF6-A8A9-2E8C4343CA93.png Views:	0 Size:	580.4 KB ID:	2903134
    Last edited by Oddity; 27 Sep 2020, 11:58 PM. Reason: Added info from funklab
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Originally posted by Oddity View Post
      Where it is depends on how you hold your phone. Landscape or portrait mode:

Click image for larger version

Name:	57731843-E6B6-4A2A-9EA2-CC403660FC34.png
Views:	47
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	2903133

Name:	2F3E9BD9-2E7B-4EF6-A8A9-2E8C4343CA93.png
Views:	34
Size:	580.4 KB
ID:	2903134
      idk bro, my iphone takes me to the same site (with new posts on the "home page") whether I'm in portrait or landscape.

-using chrome browser on iphone 8 plus

Comment

Yeah. That's a browser specific behavior, with Chrome, and also depends on the resolution and screen size, as to how much room the browser has to display stuff, I think. Each browser interprets and renders the site code in slightly different ways. That's been an 'issue' with web browsing and using different browsers since forever. I can't really affect that on our end. Browser makers do things their own way to differentiate their products on purpose.

My screen shots were taken with an iPhone XR running iOS 13.7 using Safari. I use Safari on mobile and Firefox on laptop/desktops for all testing a design choices.
        "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

(I reckon I should install a few other browsers to get a feel for how the site looks and works on them as well.)

Comment

So, I just got Firefox and Chrome. Firefox works/looks exactly like my Safari screen shots but Chrome looks the same in both portrait and landscape mode, but looks different than the landscape mode in either of the others on iOS 13.7 on my XR. It retains the pull down menu (the 3 horizontal bars on the left of the navigation bar) for accessing Forums, New, Recent etc:

Name:	D30F0264-981F-4A81-AE34-D3DDF303EC55.png
Views:	51
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	2903139

So, I guess it's gonna be slightly different based on browser and OS version and device.

Comment

Working...
            X