Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the colored boxes and dialog cloud on your avatar area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the colored boxes and dialog cloud on your avatar area?

There's a horizontal row of empty reddish boxes in your avatar area. I see some folks are all empty, some partial, some full.
    What does it mean?
    Then, on most theres a cartoon cloud, like where something is said in a cartoon. I have none.
    I put my email address in my info, but still none. I've had private conversations so I guess it's meaning is still unknown to me.
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ

The bars are a record of user 'reputation'. I don't have that system enabled for anything other than the display under the User title. It can be tied to things like access to specific sub forums or features of the site reserved for 'high rep' posters but nothing like that is currently configured. It is basically a measure of how many posts you've made that have been "Liked" as well as how many "liked" responses your Topics have generated and how long you've been an active member. Its mostly meaningless. I just never turned it entirely off.

The dialog bubble is to start a private chat with the person. You don't see one on yours because, well, you cant start a chat with yourself. Also, the ability to do that (and whether others see the bubble) is controlled by a user profile setting so some people have that turned off (Invisible Mode under Account tab of User Settings).
    Last edited by Oddity; 10 Sep 2020, 4:30 PM.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

thank you!
      69yo male T12 complete since 1995
      NW NJ

Comment

Working...
      X