New Navigation Bar item: Recent Posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Navigation Bar item: Recent Posts

I created a new entry on the Navigation Bar called Recent Posts.

It is the past 7 days worth of posts.

Once we read a post it falls off the New Posts list, but sometimes we read something then want to find it again quickly and easily later,
    so I thought it might be useful to add Recent Posts to compliment that functionality.

I hope ya'll find it useful!

Cheers.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Very nice. Any chance that "New Posts" and "Recent Posts" can also have the "Go to Last Post" feature recently added to the "Since Last Visit" listing? I'll admit it, never satisfied, but when you repeatedly show you can add new features, expectations run wild.

Comment

It's now on the New Posts list right next to the time stamp for the entry.

The Recent Posts is a list of posts not Topics so if you click the Go To Post link right under the preview text it'll take you right to the post it's displaying.
      "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Thanks for the "recent posts"! While we're on the subject of changes.......any chance our member's home state can appear below their icon? In the past this was provided and it was helpful when/if responding to a post.

Comment

• Oddity
          Oddity commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe. I'll look in to what it takes to do that. I'm not a programmer, though, but if it's straight forward enough using the tools VBulletin provides I might be able to make it happen. I think it's a decent idea.

Great idea, Oddity, thank you for adding Recent Posts!
        MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Comment

Thanks Dale!

Comment

I think it would be great if your state & area + your injury level was on the front page, but I think it's the members who should do the (little) work to edit that stuff.
            Certainly would be helpful-tired of asking people where they are or what!

I had done that some time ago but it's gone with the new system?
            69yo male T12 complete since 1995
            NW NJ

Comment

I've got a decent handle on what it'll take to add stuff to the sidebar from the user profile. Seems doable with a reasonable amount of effort. I'll fool around with it on our test site and see if I can make it happen. I dunno if level is a reasonable thing to force people to share though. I'll have a conversation with the Mod/Admin team about it after I'm sure I can make it happen.

Comment

OK, added location to the user sidebar/postbit. Also added a shortcut to send a PM to the member too. Thought that might be convenient. Since many of our members have neurological disorders other than SCI I didn't think 'level' was a great idea. If anyone wants to share just add it to the end of your Location in the user profile and it'll show up, but Im not gonna add the Level field itself. Done modding for a bit. It is a lot of work. Cheers.

Comment

Thanks, Oddity. You jogged my memory-I think adding it after my location was what I did before it got lost in the recent changes.
                  Nice to see things actually getting actualized!
                  69yo male T12 complete since 1995
                  NW NJ

Comment

Working...
                  X