GREAT JOB again with the monthly open house webinar last nite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GREAT JOB again with the monthly open house webinar last nite

thank you DR WISE YOUNG, PATRICIA, TRIUMPH FOUNDATION and everyone participating with last nite's webinar. CR would have been thrilled to see you're progressing to stage 3 trials.

So great to have this streaming on Zoom. I have missed for years being able to attend the in-person open houses in NJ. I hope that streaming continues for the long term after travel and group gatherings are allowed again. Being on the West Coast it would still be difficult to attend in person. I'm just sorry I had to leave after the 1st hour as I had another Zoom meetup with friends scheduled then.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Yes this venue has become one of the better things to come out of the miserable situation caused by covid. Thank you andrew sklnner , I hope Dr. Wise young did not get a parking ticket
      I guess there are Q&A on the other forum.

Comment

My main take-away from the Open House was we should all be seeking/doing exercise equivalent to 6/6/6 regardless of the trial. I hope it's intentional to get that information out so we can all benefit from the overall healthy outcome of this locomotor type exercise. The question is how/where do those of us that are already outpatients get such exercise!

Comment

The first step in the 6-6-6 program is to build up to standing 6 hrs per day.

Comment

• crispy1981
            crispy1981 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Jim, thanks for everthing you folks are doing! Truly amazing and the trial work you folks are doing holds immense transformational potential!

Do you have more details on the 6/6/6 program? Even a fully able bodied person cannot stand in one spot for 6 hours straight with no shifting of weight/movement etc.

Moving/shifting weight back and forth as much as possible is necessary. The goal is to stand three hours in the morning, break for lunch, rest, then three hours in afternoon.

Comment

Working...
          X