Subscriptions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subscriptions?

Not sure how to or whether to "unsubscribe" after seeing a post recently that said the speed of browsing would be better if "subscriptions" were changed to "unsubscribe". I'm confused about this after going to Subscriptions page and finding about 500 posts, some as old as 2014. I proceeded to change some of them to "unsubscribe" thinking my browsing would speed up. Is this recommended? If so, is there a way to quickly change all of them to "unsubscribe", rather than just one at a time?
    Is it true that each time I read a new post it is automatically sent to my Subscriptions page? I was unable to find this topic explained, so thanks for any help.

Here ya go-

Originally posted by Bonnette View Post
    Thank you, Oddity, that worked.

Patrick, go to your profile and click on Subscriptions (below your avatar picture - not on your notifications settings page). Pages of threads you're subscribed to will appear. Next to each thread title, you'll see a button with a check mark and the word "subscribed". When you hover over that button, you'll see the word "unsubscribe." Click on that. Within a second or two, the button will reappear with a plus sign next to it, and the word "subscribe".

It's a little confusing, because in some forum software, a plus sign and a check mark mean the same thing; here, the check mark means that a function is activated, and the plus sign indicates that the function is inactive (and you'll have to add it, if you want it). The word on the button will change from "subscribed" (with a check mark) to "subscribe" with a plus sign. Only the tense of the word (from "subscribed" to "subscribe") will change on the button - the word "unsubscribe" only appears when you hover over the button of a subscribed thread.

In my case, there were bundles or packets of pages that had to be unsubscribed. The number of subscriptions will not change in real time - you have to leave the subscriptions page, and then come back to it, to see the numbers change. I needed to repeat this process three or four times, and eventually the subscription number read zero.

It's astonishing, how badly the old software was broken. I am very grateful to Oddity and Grumpy for fixing it - no doubt it will be a work in progress for some time to come, as more of the old dysfunctions come to light.

Comment

Thanks, yes that's the post I saw and I have been "unsubscribing" as indicated. But I'd like to know if I am automatically "subscribed" when I read a new post.

Comment

I haven't tried it, so I might be wrong, but I don't think you'll be subscribed to any new thread unless you click the "+ subscribe" button on the upper right side of the page (above the thread). If I'm mistaken about that, it will still be easy to unsubscribe in the manner you've already done with the old threads...easier one at a time, than a whole slew of them.
        MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Comment

Thanks very much, I'll check it out on new threads!

Comment

Originally posted by triumph View Post
            Thanks very much, I'll check it out on new threads!
            You're very welcome, hope it helps!
            MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Comment

Working...
            X