Default font size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default font size?

I looked thru all the profile settings, but didn't find any font options, these old eyes like bigger text.

I see you can change the font stuff when writing a post, but I'm looking for the overall package. I know this is in "the noise margin" when doing an undertaking of this magnitude, just putting it out there for when time avails.

Overall the change looks good and everything seems to be working. Nice job folks.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Huh; even though I change the text size in composing, it defaults back to default when I view it, quite the over-ride.

edit: well crap, it showed up this time.

Comment

My profile has a bad DOB, tells me I have to change it to be able to save changes, but the DOB line is a read only line for me.

Comment

Originally posted by McDuff View Post
        I looked thru all the profile settings, but didn't find any font options, these old eyes like bigger text.
        Good news is you're not the only one with old eyes. Bad news is you would never have found this option on your own. Here's some steps to get bigger text all the time, everywhere.
        1. Go to your user settings.
        2. Chose < Back to profile.
        3. Choose Customize My Style
        4. Choose Content
        5. Choose Text
        6. Choose Large for Font Size
        I've numbered these last 3 steps in the image below.
        Selecting bigger font size

Comment

I had just found that OGD and was coming to post, you beat me to it. But you seem to show more stuff than I saw. hmmm...

It says I saved my changes, but when I go back to the forums, it is still small. I'm guessing it's not really getting changed, due to my bad DOB that won't let me change my profile stuff.

Great step by step listing and highlighting job though, it should help out a lot of
          people, cuz you're right there's a bunch of old eyes on here.

edit: now how the h*** did my text revert in the middle of line? musta done sumthin' I guess but don't know what.

Comment

We fixed another bug there, too, There was a setting forcing people to have a legitimate birth date stored with us. We don't want that. We have no need to know people's real birthdays. I found the setting and disabled it. So those of you who had trouble saving settings will be able to save them now.

Comment

I wish we would keep at least the birth year. It makes it a lot easier for the SCI-Nurses to put health-related questions into context...

Also, I tried everything above for changing the font size and it doesn't work for my old eyes...

(KLD)
              The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I tried those changes again, after fixing my bday(thanks for opening that line for edit), they say the get saved, but like KLD, still getting the small default. Something has it on lockdown.

Comment

We will tweak the global font defaults. Definitely kinda small.
                  "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
                    I wish we would keep at least the birth year. It makes it a lot easier for the SCI-Nurses to put health-related questions into context...
                    It's not that we can't ask for birth date. It's just that the site never required it before. What seems to have been happening after the upgrade was the site refusing to let people save their settings because they didn't have a birth date entered. So I made the birth date not required. (Which is how it's always been).

Honestly I couldn't see a way for a normal user to set their birth date, if they didn't enter it back when they signed up. I'm not sure the site allows a user to change their birth date. So if they didn't set it back when they registered (and they weren't forced to back then), they're just sorta stuck. A user can't fix it themselves. I did a quick check and 13,000 out of our 29,000 registered users have no birth date on their account.

I get how important age is, but I'm not sure what the software lets us do. I'll look into it a bit more.
                    Last edited by OldGrumpyDad; 03-29-2020, 08:56 PM. Reason: fixed words i left out

Comment

My main page the fonts are huge. I went though the font change and nothing. Someone who is visually impaired can read the main page. How do you make smaller font like the previous version?

Ti
                      "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

Comment

mcd maybe its working better now i just followed the above steps and it made mine bigger
                        to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Comment

Don't think so 48. I was pleasantly surprised with bigger text when I logged in today, but I went and tweaked the settings, twice, and it made no difference. Plus both times I went to the settings, they were defaulted back to "small" settings.

Not bitchin' here, it is now very readable, just can't change it.

Comment

Originally posted by McDuff View Post
                            Don't think so 48. I was pleasantly surprised with bigger text when I logged in today, but I went and tweaked the settings, twice, and it made no difference. Plus both times I went to the settings, they were defaulted back to "small" settings.

Not bitchin' here, it is now very readable, just can't change it.
                            Same for me. I wonder if this is being addressed as it makes the site difficult to use for those with low vision, age related or not.

(KLD)
                            The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

mine is still the bigger font maybe its still a work in progress like the nurse said
                              to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Comment

Working...
                              X