Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question here....is there a way to mark "New Post" as read without actually reading them? For example when I sign on I have 3 pages of new post. I scan the titles and read what interest me...those threads no longer show in the list of "New Post". How do I remove the other 2 pages of "New Post" without reading them so they drop off the list?
    "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
    T5/6 complete

Comment

Originally posted by Rook98006 View Post
      Question here....is there a way to mark "New Post" as read without actually reading them? For example when I sign on I have 3 pages of new post. I scan the titles and read what interest me...those threads no longer show in the list of "New Post". How do I remove the other 2 pages of "New Post" without reading them so they drop off the list?

This isn't perfect but it will do the trick: at the bottom of the Forum page there is a Mark all channels as Read link. Clicking that will Mark everything as Read once you want to do that, and reset your New Posts list.
      Last edited by Oddity; 05-20-2020, 11:25 AM.
      "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Comment

Originally posted by Oddity View Post
        This isn't perfect but it will do the trick: at the bottom of the Forum page there is a Mark all channels as Read link. Clicking that will Mark everything as Read once you want to do that, and reset your New Posts list.
        Yes that did work! Thxs

"Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
        T5/6 complete

Comment

Originally posted by Rook98006 View Post

Yes that did work! Thxs
          Cool. I see about putting that in a more convenient place.
          "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Comment

WTF!! I updated to my post about getting a Segway scooter and using it to drive my chair. I also mentioned FreeWheel.
            The system flagged my post and wants moderator approval for it.
            What is going on? How could such a benign post be flagged as spam? (post 24, right after this:#23 )
            69yo male T12 complete since 1995
            NW NJ

Comment

Working...
            X