X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Website!

Welcome to the new web site!
    With a lot of effort the forums have been migrated to a new version of the vBulletin software. We are hosted in a new server and running the latest/greatest of a number of core components.If you have any concerns, problems, or malfunctions with the web site, let us know by replying to this thread or contacting us on postmaster@carecure.net.

Changes you will notice:
    • Email notifications work again. If you'd like to get an email when someone comments on a thread, you can subscribe. If you don't want the emails, that is controlled by a setting in your user profile.
    • User registration is open, but requires moderation. New users can sign up, and then we will get notified and can let them in. They can't post until they have verified their email address.
    • Custom avatars work, profile pictures work, and attachment uploading works. Go to your profile to freshen up your avatar, update your profile picture, etc.
    • Look and feel is a bit different. But it's mostly the same content and same organization.
    Things you might see:
    • Some old links might not work. We spent a lot of effort to make links work, but maybe the don't. Let us know.
    • Most URLs have changed. Instead of a URL like http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64, now you can see a more human-readable URL like https://www.carecure.net/forum/sci-c...hips-sexuality
    • You may find difficulties uploading attachments of a certain kind or size. We don't think that will happen, but let us know if it does.
    • We have disabled human verification, which does make us a bit vulnerable to bots. It can make life difficult for people who use assistive devices, so we want to see if we can live without it. If the spam and bad bahavior gets too much, we'll have to turn it back on.
    • There may be some custom avatars images that are missing. If that's troublesome, let us know.
    Some new possibilities on the horizon
    • We could enable logging in with your Google account or Twitter account
    • We can possibly integrate with Twitter to automatically post active topics or events.
    • Email at the carecure.net domain works, so you may see some email addresses like 'postmaster@carecure.net' instead of individuals' personal addresses.
    • Now that the site is under active management again, we can leverage features like blogs and articles. Let the dust settle on the big migration, and then get in touch. If there's a feature you think we can offer, but don't, let's talk.
    We welcome your feedback and suggestions, and thanks for your patience. It was a long weekend!

Sincerely,
    Oddity and OldGrumpyDad

I love this! It looks and feels warm and user-friendly, accommodating, functional and inviting. Thank you, thank you for your hard work and vision!
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Comment

Awesome! Thank you so much.

Comment

Wonderful! Thanks for all your hard work in getting this done finally!

It took me a couple of minutes to find where to turn on signatures for posts (under our profile) but it worked once I found it and turned it on.

(KLD)
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

FYI Still working on Search functionality! We need to rebuild the search index and that takes 12+ hours of hard computation time. We will run that overnight tonight to get searching back online.
          "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Comment

Thanks so much guys, very grateful for your many hours of work, love the new site!

Comment

Edit: I found the "missing forum(s)" What I did not see previously was the 'click here to see expanded list' or some such statement.

Fantastic work, long overdue, thank you.
              Are there less 'Forums"? I can find Equipment and Supplies, but not simply one called Equipment. I could be mistaken about the names, and overlooking where I'm looking since things are different, but I cannot find an equipment for sale forum. It almost seems the names got switched and the for sale one got left out. Past sales don't matter much, but I believe a for sale forum is a valuable resource and should be added if it got lost.
              Last edited by nonoise; 03-29-2020, 07:22 PM.
              I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

We added "Supplies" to the "Equipment" discussion forum to make it clear that this is where discussions about things like ostomy or urologic supplies, etc. belong rather than in the Care Forum.

I also cannot see any of the old Exchange forums, including the "for sale/wanted" Equipment & Services. Is this not going to be continued?

(KLD)
                Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 03-29-2020, 05:00 PM.
                The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

So, the entire list of forums is so very long that we limited the display on the main home page to just the SCI Community Forum list plus a separate module that displays the Members Only forums for registered and logged in users. To access the full list of forums you can just click the word Forums above the displayed list that starts with Announcements and Feedback. Doing that will take you to the Forum page, and off the home page, with all the old forums listed in much the same order as before. The Home page is really a place for a few shortcuts and such.
                  "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Comment

Originally posted by Oddity View Post
                    So, the entire list of forums is so very long that we limited the display on the main home page to just the SCI Community Forum list plus a separate module that displays the Members Only forums for registered and logged in users. To access the full list of forums you can just click the word Forums above the displayed list that starts with Announcements and Feedback. Doing that will take you to the Forum page, and off the home page, with all the old forums listed in much the same order as before. The Home page is really a place for a few shortcuts and such.
                    I finally found it, but very difficult and certainly not something I would expect our neophyte members would know how to do. Can this menu show on the homepage??

Also, I thought we were going to get rid of the little-used locality forums, or at least collapse them into larger groups (continents?).

(KLD)

Comment

We can make that easier to see. We have some Flexibility for adding other forum menu options like the Forums and Members Only sections to the home page. Unfortunately vBulletin removed the collapsible tree style menu in version 5, like we used to have. I can add additional modules like the Members Only for other categories if you'd like. Let's start a new thread in the Moderators forum to discuss design direction.

Comment

Very nice work ...near the bottom of the forum it used to tell you who was online on that particular forum....I liked that
                        "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
                        Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

Search indexes not being built is causing issues with New Topics and Latest Activity results so I'm kicking the rebuild off early. This will cause site to run slow for a while.

Comment

• Oddity
                            Oddity commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Well this is gonna take a looonnngg time. Will probably be running over the next 24-48 hours straight. Performance (response times) may suffer.

Looks great ! Thanks for your hard work !

Comment

Originally posted by lunasicc42 View Post
                            Very nice work ...near the bottom of the forum it used to tell you who was online on that particular forum....I liked that
                            You can still see this, although on the old site it was only on the main Forum list page, not on every thread:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 3.31.27 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	62.2 KB ID:	2895970

(KLD)

Comment

Working...
                            X