Unable to upload an avatar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to upload an avatar?

I keep trying to update my avatar and my profile picture thing and each time it gives me an error. Is there a way I can fix this?

Be sure the file is not too large. You can resize using this site: http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Nope it's not due to the size. I've been around forums before. It just says it can't even when resized or hosted from another site

Comment

how do i add an avatar?

Hello all my name is John and i been trying to an avatar to my user name for a while now, tried different format, created smaller size than required, etc...
        Thank you in advance
        john k

Comment

Use the link.
          /forum/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_signatures_av atars

Attached Files

Comment

I couldn't change mine last week ... makes me wonder if there is a problem with the website., which has happened before.
            Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Thank you all so much for your response, I will try what you suggested.
              Thanks again,

Comment

Thanks again for your help, I tried everything, seems they either blocked me from uploading pictures or like lynnifer said there might be issues with the website.
                God Bless all

Comment

As I said before, send a PM to Jim. I doubt there is a problem with the website, as the multitude of spammers we have registering here daily (which we have to ban) seem to have no problem uploading avatars.

(KLD)
                  Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 03-06-2017, 11:31 PM.
                  The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I'll pm Jim. Mine is still doing it. I just keep getting this

vBulletin Message

Unable to save image

Last edited by FeFiFoFum; 03-07-2017, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Yep. I'm down to 70 x 76 pixels and 3.5kbs and it still won't load. From computer or a hosting website.

Comment

"The maximum size of your custom image is 120 by 200 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller)."

Were you using the Settings > Edit Avatar section of the site??

(KLD)

Comment

Maybe try a different browser. The mods here do a great job considering the volume of users. The forum software is sporadic at times in my experience.
                          "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." - Hunter Thompson
                          T5/6 complete

Comment

I am having this same issue trying to upload Profile Image or Avatar, getting error message:vBulletin Message

Unable to save image"

I've checked and rechecked parameters, resized, tried other files and still same error message.

Comment

For those who are having problems loading an avatar, please PM Jim. He can help you. The other moderators cannot. Thanks.

(KLD)

Comment

Working...
                              X