Just about every week, can't get to Care Cure Community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just about every week, can't get to Care Cure Community

About once a week, at random, not at the same time each week, I can't get on to the Care Cure Community using Firefox or Safari for about 2-3 hours at a time.

Anyone else having this problem?

Is the site regularly down at random, once a week, for some kind of maintenance?

All the best,
    GJ

I asked Jim about this, and he said that since this site is hosted on a Rutgers University server, if their firewall protection system detects an attempt at invasion/hacking, it automatically takes all of the servers off line until it can be sure that the attack is protected against.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Rutgers servers are continually being attacked, it is crazy.

Comment

My previous 'go to' spot, for a learning disability I have, was also under constant attack. I was friends with Admin, and he had a constant battle. I don't know for sure why he ended the forum, but the spam sure didn't make his job enjoyable.
        Female, T9 incomplete

Comment

I haven't experienced the problem you describe GJ.

I thought this was an interesting NPR piece on an experiment to see how long it takes for a computer to get hacked / attacked. I can't imagine the constant vigilance it takes to run a website and appreciate the CC webmasters work.

http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechc...-can-be-hacked
          Last edited by ChesBay; 10 Dec 2016, 7:00 PM. Reason: info

Comment

Since Stephen will be working on things tomorrow, just wanted to post the messages I got recently when I couldn't access Care Cure Community.

Trying to access Care Cure Community the afternoon and early evening of Jan 1, 2017,I got as message: “502 Bad Gateway.”

The evening of Jan. 2, 2017, I got a message: “Database error, The database has encountered a problem.”

Are these some of the messages I should get when the site/system has gone down because of the firewall protection system has detected an attempt at invasion/hacking?

Comment

I also got the 502 Bad Gateway.
              C5/C6

Comment

Oh, I thought the site got overload on New Years Day, when all the bored people tried to get into the site. I was real bored and tried to get in to post it on the Boring Thread. Couldn't get in. I coulda died.
                TM 2004 T12 incomplete

Comment

Steven just posted about this issue yesterday on the CareCure Facebook page. You may want to check that out.

(KLD)
                  The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
                    Steven just posted about this issue yesterday on the CareCure Facebook page. You may want to check that out.

(KLD)
                    I'm not on Facebook.

Comment

I lost this site a couple of days ago, then got it back for a day, then lost it again. I'm not on Facebook either.
                      Female, T9 incomplete

Comment

Originally posted by Vintage View Post
                        I lost this site a couple of days ago, then got it back for a day, then lost it again. I'm not on Facebook either.
                        Guess it is just presumed that everyone is on Facebook. Why wasn't the same message that KLD referenced that Jim the administrator posted this weekend posted on this forum? Just "sayin.'"

Comment

Here is from yesterday:

Steven Edwards What's happening is that we're getting slammed with traffic, which fills up the disk with logs, so there's no space left on the device.

Options include decreasing the log retention from 48 hours to 4 hours, or possibly even switching over to CloudFlar...See More
                          Like ? Reply ? 1 ? Yesterday at 4:01am ? Edited

Remove
                          John Baxter what about using a separate drive/partition to store logs and have them dump/written over if they approach the danger point, so it doesn't cause you problems. I have NO idea what kind of setup you use....
                          Like ? Reply ? Yesterday at 4:27pm

Write a reply...

Remove
                          Steven Edwards We're up. I used some duct tape to temporarily fix my VPN issue.
                          Like ? Reply ? 1 ? Yesterday at 4:11am

and early this morning:

Steven Edwards

? 14 hrs

The site may be down briefly tomorrow morning as I'm going to test something that may prevent future outages.
                          (KLD)

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
                            Here is from yesterday:

[/I]and early this morning:

(KLD)

What does any of this mean in English!

Comment

Originally posted by gjnl View Post
                              What does any of this mean in English!
                              It means that Steven posted on Facebook early this morning that the site might be down for some work this morning.

I don't know if it was or not...I was not online.

and to expand on what he posted yesterday:

What's happening is that we're getting slammed with traffic, which fills up the disk with logs, so there's no space left on the device.

Options include decreasing the log retention from 48 hours to 4 hours, or possibly even switching over to CloudFlare and dispensing with logs altogether. Being on CloudFlare may cause problems in China, though.

I can't login to fix it right now--the VPN doesn't like me--so I have asked someone at Rutgers to run the necessary commands for me. And they're going to help me fix my VPN issues so the long delays can be eliminated.
                              and since I am not an IT person, this information above is Greek to me too. It just means that Steven is on top of the problem and trying to find a way to correct it.

(KLD)

Comment

Working...
                              X