No announcement yet.

Just about every week, can't get to Care Cure Community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks KLD for doing your best to bring to the Care Cure Community the messages posted on Facebook by admins about internet access issues on Care Cure Community.

I would just ask that admin would keep Care Cure Community members on this site as up to date about these kinds of issues as they are purportedly doing on Facebook, because not all Care Cure Community members are on Facebook too. Perish the thought.

Comment

Well, think about it. If this website it down, not even the administrators can access the site, or post about why it is down, or what is being done about it, or when the site might be up again, and of course members cannot get to the site to read such messages either. Meanwhile, the Facebook page is functioning, is frequented by many, many of our members, and can allow the administrators to post information about this site and when it will be up again. Frankly, I don't see what the issue is. Steven and Jim do a great job with what we have available...creating magic is a bit beyond their skills set though!

(KLD)
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

It works for me

PMTUD or ECN vandalism? This can happen when ICMP and ECN are erroneously dropped.

TCP carries the data, but ICMP is critical network control and required to adapt for differing MTUs.

TCP requires ECN in order to avoid the cliff top failure mode during congestion.

Follow up with your ISP after checking your own machine. It may have some dodgey Winblows firing wall doing the vandalism.

If it's a Winblows PeeCee format, re-install clean and follow ISP's set up.
        http://zagam.net/

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
          Well, think about it. If this website it down, not even the administrators can access the site, or post about why it is down, or what is being done about it, or when the site might be up again, and of course members cannot get to the site to read such messages either. Meanwhile, the Facebook page is functioning, is frequented by many, many of our members, and can allow the administrators to post information about this site and when it will be up again. Frankly, I don't see what the issue is. Steven and Jim do a great job with what we have available...creating magic is a bit beyond their skills set though!

(KLD)
          The uptime for this site is remarkable given the amount of traffic and the resources available. In any case a good site is http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ to find out if it is your internet connection or the site.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post

(KLD)
            I'm not doubting that Steven and Jim do a great job. I also realize that neither admins nor members can access the site to post or read information about the condition of the site when it is down. All I am suggesting is that after an event we get some note of explanation here, i.e., Sorry the site went down yesterday, but ..... It's a courtesy to members.

I do appreciate Jim's announcements of scheduled maintenance down times.
            Last edited by gjnl; 5 Jan 2017, 2:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X