Gender and Injury Level Displayed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gender and Injury Level Displayed

I notice that "ZEN12many" and "Vintage" have gender and injury level included under their screen names/avatars. See https://www.carecure.net/forum/showt...Members!/page3.

I took a look at my profile today and have gender and injury level noted, however this information isn't showing up under my name/avatar. I haven't noticed any other members with gender and injury level displayed.

When should we see these indications on our sidebar ID? I would like to see a better format that would make it easier to read:
    All the best,
    GJ

Thanks for that support of our innovation, gjnl. It was something from Apparelyzed that I'd always found useful and immediately missed here. Here, I kept typing in the field that was for 'location'. It took a few tries, but by using those *** asterisk symbols, I was able to scoot everything over until it looked centered and formatted.
    Female, T9 incomplete

Comment

I like that!

I like that!

Innovation and intuition.

CareCure should adopt a better ID format. I'm for it!

Let's make a change!

Ti
      "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

Comment

In the Welcome Apparelyzed Members! thread, Jim our Administrator said:
        Originally posted by Jim View Post
        I asked our tech Admin to add the injury level/CNS disorder field.
        I assume the Care Cure Community tech support is working on changing parameters to allow Injury Level and hopefully gender to show up below the name and avatar in the profile side bar. When that does happen, you may want to edit your profile to contain only your location in that field. Hope we see the changes soon.

All the best,
        GJ

PS: Clever adaptation by the way!

Comment

test: good tip!
          69yo male T12 complete since 1995
          NW NJ

Comment

Originally posted by pfcs49 View Post
            test: good tip!
            I see "T12 cmplt since 95" under your location in the profile sidebar and "69yo male T12 since 1995 MW NJ" in your signature line. What are you trying to do other than that?

All the best,
            GJ

Comment

like it

Comment

I've got the same info in both spots on my profile, too, gjnl. I'm waiting for a possible technical tweek. If the format changes, I'll respond accordingly.
                Female, T9 incomplete

Comment

I don't know, I am reluctant to share my injury level.

Comment

Originally posted by t8burst View Post
                    Agreed. Sometimes it's relevant in a particular conversation, but as generally visible public information, I agree with HIPAA. Sharing is already easily possible for those feeling so inclined.
                    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Comment

t8burst: I think that was a joke, right?
                      "Cherish your tears. If you can cry, you still have some humanity left, and you are reclaiming more of it." -- David Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by dnvrdave View Post
                        I'm pretty sure it was! (The overwhelming majority of us have this info already in our profile. I guess we've reached an age when a single click is considered an inconvenience! )
                        "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Comment

Originally posted by dnvrdave View Post
                          I would hope with my username it would be obvious

Comment

Originally posted by Oddity View Post
                            I'm pretty sure it was! (The overwhelming majority of us have this info already in our profile. I guess we've reached an age when a single click is considered an inconvenience! )
                            Most people don't actually. I tend to check new members as part of being on spam patrol and very few people fill out their profile. Also I have gotten to the point where I don't answer questions unless people put their injury level somewhere. After putting time and thought into answering questions only to be told "oh I don't have SCI, I have (insert something that makes that person feel the need to use a wheelchair but can walk and has full sensation) its not worth the time unless you know your advice is applicable.

Comment

Most people don't actually. I tend to check new members as part of being on spam patrol and very few people fill out their profile. Also I have gotten to the point where I don't answer questions unless people put their injury level somewhere. After putting time and thought into answering questions only to be told "oh I don't have SCI, I have (insert something that makes that person feel the need to use a wheelchair but can walk and has full sensation) its not worth the time unless you know your advice is applicable.
                              Ahhhh. Most folks I interact with seem to have it listed, but I guess that's a pretty limited sample. I hear ya re: non-SCI posters. It is nice to know ahead of time.

Comment

Working...
                              X