My IP address was banned??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My IP address was banned??

For some reason my home wireless network IP address has been banned. I tried sending a message to an admin a week ago with no response. What do I need to do? Thanks

Brad, I didn't receive an email from you reporting this. I have received several others.

The plug-in software, Spam-O-Matic, that we use to prevent spam is banning legitimate member IP addresses. We have no control over their IP ban list. Even though I have disabled their 'known spammer IP ban option' it is continuing to ban legit members as yourself. I can't disable the entire program because the site will be crushed with spam. Until we work out a fix, you will have to log in using a proxy server- https://www.proxysite.com/

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jim

Comment

Add Zenmate to your extensions https://zenmate.com/
      T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Brad, see if you can get in.

Comment

I am banned as well. my IP address.... Using a proxy site to access

Comment

Now you're one of the cool kids, I also am banned.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
              Brad, see if you can get in.
              Still can't on my home network, but using the proxy server works for now. Thanks

Comment

I've sent three messages to an admin within the last two weeks with no response.

What do I need to do?

I'm using TotalVPN for now.

Comment

Todd Colona's *(the ablechef) IP was also banned for an unknown reason.

Comment

"Until we work out a fix, you will have to log in using a proxy server- https://www.proxysite.com/" I see.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatiron View Post
                      I've sent three messages to an admin within the last two weeks with no response.

What do I need to do?

I'm using TotalVPN for now.
                      Who did you e-mail? Jim is the correct person. Steven Edwards and Wise Young are listed as administrators too, but they don't really have the time to deal with the day to day issues that Jim handles.

(KLD)
                      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I don't know who it's going to. When I visit this site or try to log in I get "Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. To contact the administrator click here" Then I'm taken to another page to fill in my name, email & message.

Comment

Me too. I think that'll be the final nail in this coffin. Using proxy to access.
                          Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

It probably has no relationship to IP addresses being banned, but lately there has been a lot of spam that is getting through the filter. Lots threads begun by first time posters, using odd names, with just a link to who knows where, but the titles of the links suggest sporting event broadcasts. Careful...do not click on these.

All the best,
                            GJ

Comment

My IP is banned too. For all that is done to keep this site up and running I have no problem using the anonymous proxy server.

Comment

Working...
                              X