No announcement yet.

My IP address was banned??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The add on software to vBulletin, Spam-O-Matic, used to prevent spam is banning legitimate member IP addresses. Even though I disabled it, it won't shut off. The other day I found out this software is no longer supported by the creators. I can't uninstall it because Steven controls all of that. I have been unable to get in touch with him for a while. In the meantime, those with blocked IP's will have to log in with a proxy server- https://www.proxysite.com. There are many free proxy servers, if one doesn't work, google and try another.

Sorry for this mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
      The add on software to vBulletin, Spam-O-Matic, used to prevent spam is banning legitimate member IP addresses. Even though I disabled it, it won't shut off. The other day I found out this software is no longer supported by the creators. I can't uninstall it because Steven controls all of that. I have been unable to get in touch with him for a while. In the meantime, those with blocked IP's will have to log in with a proxy server- https://www.proxysite.com. There are many free proxy servers, if one doesn't work, google and try another.

Sorry for this mess.
      There are several long timers whose IP addresses have been blocked, but many others haven't been blocked (including me, so far). If my IP address gets blocked, I am with "Domosoyo," I won't mind using the proxy. But, that said, it is sad that this once vibrant site is now experiencing yet another blow to the core. Very sad.

All the best,
      GJ

Comment

i get the same thing banned another member helped me get the proxy thing and it works hope it gets fixed
        to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Comment

An FYI....
          I just logged in my normal way out of habit and found I got in. Doesn't look like I have to use the proxy server anymore.

Comment

I've got some friends on apparelyzed who are also saying they've been banned
            CCS/Walker C6...it's a long story

Comment

I'm back in - thanks!
              Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

My home IP address has been banned!!! Why??

The only way I can log on is to turn off my wifi or leave home! Why has my home IP address been banned? Please help! I've sent 2 messages but it is still banned. My apologies if this is not the right place to post this. I'm limited to my small phone screen!

Comment

http:///forum/showthread.php?253536-...ess-was-banned Jim explained here.
                  T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

"The add on software to vBulletin, Spam-O-Matic, used to prevent spam is banning legitimate member IP addresses. Even though I disabled it, it won't shut off. The other day I found out this software is no longer supported by the creators. I can't uninstall it because Steven controls all of that. I have been unable to get in touch with him for a while. In the meantime, those with blocked IP's will have to log in with a proxy server- https://www.proxysite.com. There are many free proxy servers, if one doesn't work, google and try another.Sorry for this mess."one day the machines will take over....I am still banned... and going through the proxy I can only use the quick reply.... that is why I copied Jim's post instead of the reply with quote...I'll get by...lol

Comment

and it messes up the formatting....guess I will try some different ones

Comment

I am back in Thanks to whom ever fixed it.....

Comment

Originally posted by djrolling View Post
                          I am back in Thanks to whom ever fixed it.....
                          The software is crazy, I haven't changed anything in days, and it is still banning IP's.

The good news is that I got in touch with Steven and he is ok. He will be uninstalling the old spam software and installing a new one.

Comment

Hey Jim - Thanks for all you (and Steven) do. It can be thankless and I just wanted to let you know your work is appreciated.

Comment