how do you embed a youtube vid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you embed a youtube vid

so it shows the vid on page rather than link. I copied and pasted embed line from youtube but it doesn't work
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

you start with this, youtube with open and closing brackets then you need the text that identifies the video witch for the one below is, ztoSUhbNntQ then you close with this, /youtube again with open and closing brackets and no spaces. The text that identifies the video are the characters after the equals sign in the youtube url when you put all three of these together with the opening and closing brackets and no spaces you get the video below I will PM you the text but it may not show up it may just display the video

Comment

blast it just displayed the video in the PM...lol

Comment

Originally posted by djrolling View Post
        blast it just displayed the video in the PM...lol
        But if a person presses your explanation "reply with Quote", they will see what you typed. I saw it anyway and thought about explaining it by substituting {} for [] until I realized the easier way.
        I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

got it gentlemen, thank you
          Bike-on.com rep
          John@bike-on.com

Comment

You can also just use the "insert video" icon under the "Quick Reply" or "Go Advanced" option for your original message or reply...

Simply insert the URL for the video into the pop-up window that this shows. It is the little green icon that looks like a short strip of film.

(KLD)
            The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I don't have any of that kld, not that I see
              Bike-on.com rep
              John@bike-on.com

Comment

you can do it in text mode only also, and it work like this: from the youtube link, copy the "v" param and paste it between youtube tags.
                For example this is the original link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P71ex1OybJY and this P71ex1OybJY is the part I was talking about

step 1:

step 2:
                Last edited by quad.michael; 09-15-2015, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Check your forum Settings:

Miscellaneous Options

Message Editor Interface:
                  • Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
                  • Basic Editor - A simple text box
                  • Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls

You need to be sure that you have checked Enhanced settings, not one of the other two.
                  (KLD)
                  The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

KLD, MANY THX. I was on basic now I have the icons,duh, so much easier.
                    Bike-on.com rep
                    John@bike-on.com

Comment

Just changed to Enhanced Interface, like KLD pointed out. Way better!

Comment

Working...
                      X