Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still having trouble uploading pics - is there admin help? Where to post?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same problem, tried everything that I know of. I get a red circle when uploading image. Need help, Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tbdeaux View Post
      Same problem, tried everything that I know of. I get a red circle when uploading image. Need help, Thanks
      That is usually an indication that the file size is too large. Try downsizing the photos and post again.

(KLD)
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I've tried resizing 400 x 534 70.4kb, also tried different browser's and different computers. I've tried the insert image icon and also tried it in advanced mode. Im not sure what I am doing wrong, used to not have any trouble. Thank, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comment

I too can't upload pictures. The picture I'm trying to upload is only 392x336 and 52kb. When ever I try a red circle with a exclamation point in it pops up next to the file.

Just wanted to add, I've tried with IE and Chrome. Also when I have the window open to upload a file, there is a box with all other pictures I have uploaded in the past, but they all have question marks on them instead of the picture. Is there any way to delete that out of there?
          Last edited by wheelman21; 03-27-2015, 01:09 PM. Reason: added more text

Comment

Do the image files all have the correct suffix (.jpg, etc.) attached to the file name? If not, the program will not recognize them as an image.

I only get that pop-up showing previously uploaded files if I am trying to use the File Attachment icon (paperclip). If using Insert Images (the little square with the tree in it) the pop-up just asks me to select from my computer or from an URL. Are you using the right icon?

(KLD)
            The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

The file I was trying to upload was a .jpg.
              I had to change my profile settings so now I have all the advanced options.

I tried the 'Insert Image' button in advanced, uploaded an image from my computer, .jpg. And still nothing.

Last edited by wheelman21; 03-27-2015, 04:11 PM.

Comment

We are looking at different available options within the Vbulletin software.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                  We are looking at different available options within the Vbulletin software.
                  WONDERFUL NEWS!
                  Thank you.

Comment

Well, I am back to not being able to upload pics. 123k, .JPG, and just for giggles .jpg. Tried both 'insert photo' (the icon) and 'Manage Attachments'. No luck, I just get the little red exclamation mark.
                    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Comment

I have the same problem and have had it for a long time. I cannot upload photos anymore. I just get the red exclamation mark and there are lists of old photos I have uploaded but they are all empty AND there is a line saying that all files not used in an hour will be deleted but the files are very old and still there and, I can't delete the files either. They seem like ghost files, with names but no content. I don't understand the problem. Some people seem to be able to upload fine and I used to have no trouble either.

Comment

Create a new member login. It worked for me it has worked for several other people.

Comment

Originally posted by endo_aftermath View Post
                          Create a new member login. It worked for me it has worked for several other people.
                          You mean, start a new account? I hope I don't have to but if that's the only way I guess I could. Maybe I can add a "1" to my name. Eek, It will show me as a new member and that I've had 0 posts. Funny the things you get attached to. Thank you for the tip :-)

Comment

Yes, I started a new account. The only time I use the new one is to post pics. What I should do, but haven't yet, is carefully compare both accounts to see if there are any settings different in the new account vs the old one.

Comment

I thought we were not allowed to have more than one account. I think this is the most benign reason for doing so but have any of the mods complained to you about having two? I think you found a good solution, using one just for uploading.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	profilepic25700_6.gif.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	2658855

This is a test photo upload

Comment

Working...
                                X