Why post if the post just disappears?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why post if the post just disappears?

This is happening way too often to me. Randomly, no rhyme or reason to it, but when I think of something thoughtful my post just goes away.
    Getting tired of this, I don't always think of something thoughtful !

Hey Tim,

Please give me all the details you can.

Does it post then disappear?

Jim

Comment

Please offer details. Does it happen when you post new topics, replies, or both?

Which browser are you using?
      ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Comment

Practice makes perfect

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll have to track the symptoms when it happens again.

Comment

I've had that happen almost every time I post and I often just give up. It seems if I'm not quick enough I get "timed out" and when I click to try to retrieve it, only part of the post returns, if at all.
            I then go back to the rules for posting and still have trouble.
            Any suggestions?

Comment

What browser do you use?

Are you creating new threads or replying?
              Last edited by Jim; 07-25-2014, 12:32 PM.

Comment

If thinking you are going to time-out, highlight ENTIRE post BEFORE clicking any POST button. With post highlighted, then press CTRL-C. This should copy it. You should be able to REFRESH the Internet page. If your post is not there, you can go back through the creation of the post again. When you are in the REPLY area, I assume it is blank, simply press, CTRL-V. That should have the data that was copied into the buffer.

Comment

I can't stay typing in the box long either without loosing what I've typed (Firefox) because of the timeout issue. What I do not understand is why timeout is so short. Why not kick it up to 60 minutes and give a wimp a chance?
                  I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

There is the feature called Auto Save. This feature must save content as you type. But, I haven't figured out how to activate the feature to bring the saved content back to the Reply box.

All the best,
                    GJ
                    Last edited by gjnl; 07-25-2014, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nonoise View Post
                      I can't stay typing in the box long either without loosing what I've typed (Firefox) because of the timeout issue. What I do not understand is why timeout is so short. Why not kick it up to 60 minutes and give a wimp a chance?
                      I changed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                        I changed it.
                        Thank you, I hope you mean you changed globally for everyone.
                        I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Of course

Comment

Thank you, Jim!

Comment

Working...
                            X