Tips on Using CareCure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips on Using CareCure

Thanks to Steven Edwards, we have moved back one version to vBulletin 4. As many of you have noticed, it is faster and more responsive than vBulletin 5. More important, it allows people to register, both avatars and attachments are showing up. However, the transfer of data is still incomplete. Several months of posts on vB5 have not transferred or have not been indexed. I am not sure about the reason why but the consequence is that we are missing posts that were entered from about June to now but this is happening in only certain topics.

In the meantime, vBulletin 4 differs from vBulletin 5 in several crucial respects. It will take time for us to get the site up to speed. First, the front page of the site (which use to contain links to articles and other services of the site) is no longer there. Second, instead of saying CareCure, the site says vBulletin. This will obviously change in the future. However, if you click on the vBulletin logo, it will take you to the main forum page.

If you click on the tab named [What's New?], it will give a list of all recent activities on the site that you have a right to know. [Blogs] is currently not working. You can also get a list of all new posts by pressing the menu item (in the dark part of the menu) called <New Posts>.

If you go to your Settings, you can change the order of the posts, i.e. most recent posts first and going backward in time or oldest posts first and going forward in time. You can choose to display a hybrid view which gives you a skeleton frame of the posts to scroll and choose.

Wise.

Thanks for keeping this site available. You probably know this but what is happening is that v5 posts will show up before logging on, but not after. However apparently not everyone is having that problem as I can see before logging on current responses to v5 posts.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

Way to stick it out Steven, nice work!
      Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
      Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Ditto that - thanks for all the hard work; nice to see things coming together!

Comment

Very great to see good ole vB4 again-I never knew I could miss it so! Thanks to all.
          I would like to start a thread with rollback issues but defer to the mods.

I'll post 2 here; perhaps a dedicated thread could be started so all issues are neatly listed and corralled there?
          1/ I still show up as a visitor despite having a profile page (that has no old personal info except my DOB)
          2/ There is no "edit" key when I post so what I send is final.

I tried uploading a photo. Let's see how it worked.
          Attached Files
          69yo male T12 complete since 1995
          NW NJ

Comment

Holy Cow!! Unbelievable! I love it!
            69yo male T12 complete since 1995
            NW NJ

Comment

Originally posted by smashms
              Still getting spam i see

Comment

Got an Error Message

Today I was posting to the long Vetericyn site. I composed my comments in Quick Reply format and tried to post. I got an error message, "The following errors occurred with your submission You do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again." I had logged in just before going to that thread. I looked at the top of the page and the Welcome message indicated I was logged in. I left Care Cure, came back, logged in again and was able to post my comments.

All the best,
                GJ

Comment

This is so much better functionally and aesthetically! Great job guys

Comment

It looks like the signatures are not showing up, even though I keep the "Show signature" box checked.
                    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
                    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Comment

I see your signature, Donno.

(KLD)
                      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I'm using the iPhone 5 and I do not see Donno's signature. This applies to mine as well.
                        Last edited by Colin83; 02-15-2014, 05:03 AM. Reason: Did not see signature
                        www.adventuresofcolinandheather.blogspot.com !

Comment

I see yours too, Colin.

Do you have your settings right with all 3 of these checked??

Thread Display Options
                          Visible Post Elements:

Show Signatures
                          Show Avatars
                          Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG] code)

You have the option to show or hide various elements of messages, which may be of use to users on slow internet connections, or who want to remove extraneous clutter from posts.
                          This may work differently when using a mobile device though.

(KLD)
                          The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Thank you, SCI-Nurse. I followed the steps you provided and now I'm able to view all of the signatures.
                            Last edited by Colin83; 02-15-2014, 09:38 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Prior to the vb5 update, I was able to upload pictures using my phone. Now for some reason I'm unable to. I'm able to select a picture but then there's no 'insert' or 'ok' button for me to press. It's almost like the screen is cutting off part of the box. I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge on this.

Comment

Working...
                              X