No announcement yet.

All i want for Christmas is the old CareCure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I think Steven is being made the "fall guy" for all the changes/delays etc. Too bad we as a group/membership can't take over the day to day running and remove it from Rutgers and other controlling parties.

Comment

Canuck, Steven has been our paid programmer for many years, is more than qualified to do this conversion but has run into many, many roadblocks. Our first move was to upgrade to the newest version of vBulletin because every mod/admin (including Wise) was wasting hours each day moving spam, banning spammers, and IP addresses. At present we have banned nearly 16,000 IP addresses. This translates into hundreds of thousands of spam messages that had to be moved. We could not keep up the pace and had to upgrade to the newest vBulletin version which had much better spam prevention tools. Steven made the upgrade offsite and tested it but when he went live, nothing worked. vBulletin support made promises to help, even released a new version just for us, but in the end didn't fix their software. Steven then had to begin reverting 1 million posts + links from Version 5, back to version 4. The major hurdle is converting 16 years of posts to a new software version. If it were as simple as just switching to a new bulletin board service, we would have done it.

Canuck and Tim, please, its not helpful to float suspicions/conspiracy theories. We are more frustrated than you but support Steven and will give him everything he needs to finish this conversion. There is no quick fix to line-by-line coding. He is in the final stages but won't pull the trigger until he is 100% confident it will succeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim
        Canuck and Tim, please, its not helpful to float suspicions/conspiracy theories.
        Given the current state of the site, what else is there to do?

How about the one where the mobility equipment manufacturers brought down the CareCure server to silence the collective voice of those meddling end users?

Maybe start a thread for conspiracy theories about the fate of former regulars who no longer post here.
        ​

Comment

...or maybe a thread about those mysterious characters that get added to some posts. I have a suspicion that the NSA probably slipped that "â" into my post so they can track me!

Comment

.......or a thread about why my posts appear to be posted an hour in the future.

Comment

No need for conspiracy theories, just Google v5 problems and read the tales of woe, there are pages and pages of them.

The general consensus seems to be that v5 is a crap product from an uncontactable company!

Good luck with this Steven.

Comment

Originally posted by Timaru
                No need for conspiracy theories, just Google v5 problems and read the tales of woe, there are pages and pages of them.

The general consensus seems to be that v5 is a crap product from an uncontactable company!

Good luck with this Steven.
                Nail on the head!
                The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
                --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
                ––Paul Nussbaum
                usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

But conspiracy theories are so much FUN!!!
                  Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Comment

Incomplete post sentence structure

Comment

Where's my post?

Comment

There is free http://www.citadel.org/, but inadequate doc so I used exim4, dovecot and prayer for my email only system. In Australia web sites should not be in breach of the Disability Discrimination Act. The only get out is hardship which must be proven. The look of the site or making graphic designers cry does not constitute hardship. They should use HTML! Citadel has its own store, but can access via IMAP may be good for some users. I have not been able to use the site and have been waiting.
                        http://zagam.net/

Comment

It sucks that this hasn't gone as planned, but in one instance someone suggests that "it's not anyone's fault, we were told this would work!" and then in another instance "just google vb5 it's obvious there are a ton of problems with it."

If there were obvious problems with VB5 and the people in charge of upgrading didn't make that extremely well known to the decision makers then that's a massive oversight. What's done is done, but by all accounts it was a major fuckup.

Comment

What's done is done cripwalk. Just let Steven take as long as he needs. As long as it's right and working like before, the peeps will come running back. No reason to install something that isn't fully tested, or we'll be back to square one. It'll happen, patience.
                            I know, it's in short supply, but this is just another bump in the road of sci, we're mostly all pros dealing with such bumps.
                            Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
                            Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Argggggh. I think it's been a good twenty minutes of trying to download a profile pic and to get my computer to bring me here! Not even sure that my password update worked. I waited and waited and got frustrated pressing enter, enter, enter and see it said working... but never brought me to a status of complete.
                              "I want to make a difference! However small it may be~ as long as it's a positive one, then this is what my life will have been about and I will go knowing I did my best.~ T.

Comment

Okay, I am going to try this one more time and if it doesn't work this time, I will have to come back because it is not the best way to start a morning by getting crabby!
                                "I want to make a difference! However small it may be~ as long as it's a positive one, then this is what my life will have been about and I will go knowing I did my best.~ T.

Comment

Working...
                                X