No announcement yet.

Database not accepting posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently tried to "post reply" (under Equipment) and got this error message: "The string you entered for image identification did not match what was displayed".

Note that I was signed in, and I had not even seen an image identification request. After trying several times and getting the same message, I guessed that I had "timed out", as sometimes happened in previous CareCure. Once I signed in again, the post went through (part of it was missing which I added in another post).

Thus, why did "image identification" error statement come up instead of 'you are timed out, log in again'??

Thanks......

Comment

'Like' function works !

"We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."
      - Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by triumph
        I recently tried to "post reply" (under Equipment) and got this error message: "The string you entered for image identification did not match what was displayed".

Note that I was signed in, and I had not even seen an image identification request. After trying several times and getting the same message, I guessed that I had "timed out", as sometimes happened in previous CareCure. Once I signed in again, the post went through (part of it was missing which I added in another post).

Thus, why did "image identification" error statement come up instead of 'you are timed out, log in again'??

Thanks......
        I think that this was due to the vBulletin 5.04. Apparently, it did not map to our new database properly and came up with all sorts of bizarre errors. Their new version vBulletin 5.05 fixed the posting problem that I reported. If you get this error again, please report it here. Thanks. Wise.

Comment

Again got this error message about 'image verification' after trying to post this morning under Equipment. I left post and went back to Forums, then back to zx1 thread, then finding the statement 'do you want to restore or cancel your post', I clicked on restore and got most of my message and clicked "post" and it worked; then I did another post to add the part missing and that post went through.

It's a lot of work to participate in CareCure now.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordy1
            That's the same error that I encountered several days ago (which I posted within the Carecure Upgrade Update, 09-29-2013, 10:19 AM). I was using an ipad then (which also caused the "return" key problem). I'm using a PC now, so if this response works, it is presumably an ipad issue (assuming you are using an ipad Wise)?
            I have been able to reproduce what you saw. There seems to be a bug in the anti-spam device such that the system forgot that you logged in when you take too long to post.

The answer is to log out and log back in and post more quickly until we find an answer to this problem. That is what works for me.

Wise

Comment

Never thought I would say that 30 seconds is a long time......but when you're waiting for "Working" to make your post appear, it feels like a very long time!
              However, I'm glad my post was taken, Dr. Young, as I no longer see that statement about 'image identification'.

Comment

Working...
              X