• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They went with blue here too

http:///forum/showthread.php?t=13866...light=bracelet
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

How about a white vertebrae shaped band with a pinkish gray core and nerve fibers sticking out all along it. It could have a skull to coccyx connector. (Sorta head-up-the-ass clasp)

Comment

I like Teal

Comment

jschism, I have two of those ribbons. They came from SCI-Step in Ohio. Maybe we should come up with a color or two. Liking the brown and yellow .

Comment

Originally posted by GL View Post
            Hi do you both mean Care Curer Community Colors ?
            Let me know
            Sincerely ;
            GL
            No GL, this discussion is about the AWARENESS COLORS for a specific "disease." Seemingly there are some standard awareness colors for specific diseases, i.e., for heart disease (RED), breast cancer (PINK). Awareness colors seem to be rather unclear and differential. For instance...I have had treatment for non Hodgkins lymphoma, the awareness colors for this cancer are either red or lime green. If you do an internet search for any number of maladies, you are likely to get one or two or more colors that are supposed to be the awareness colors. There is very little that is consistent in these awareness colors. I think the purpose of this particular thread was to try to identify an awareness color for spinal cord injury, not the Care Cure Community.

All the best,
            GJ

Comment

Originally posted by t8burst View Post
              Brown and yellow?
              PERFECT,,lol

Comment

@t8burst - brown & yellow - right on. Red fits for heart, pink for breast cancer. What's blue mean? We all have depression? Well, maybe. Brown and yellow mean something, kind of a "in-your-face" with it's frank expression of the real situation for SCI people. I like it.

Wouldn't it be interesting telling people what the colors mean? Most think our problem is that we can't walk.
                TM 2004 T12 incomplete

Comment

Originally posted by jschism View Post
                  i have a purple ribbon magnet that says, "spinal cord injuries, support the cure", not sure where it came from?

Yep, we have a purple sci awareness magnet ribbon on the back of our van, and I read somewhere reputable that September is national sci awareness month
                  "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
                  Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

Originally posted by t8burst View Post
                    Brown and yellow?

You beat me to it (by 9 months).
                    stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by jschism View Post
                      i have a purple ribbon magnet that says, "spinal cord injuries, support the cure", not sure where it came from?
                      I think they came from The Miami Project cure for paralysis. I have one somewhere too.
                      T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Working...
                      X