No announcement yet.

The Mission of CareCure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. Young, I'd like to join the chorus of those who are so very grateful for everything you do for the SCI/D community, and especially for your commitment to getting us the information we want and need to get the most out of life.

Over the last 20 years, I've participated in a lot of online communities on a lot of topics as a member, moderator, and creator. CC is, without question, one of the most valuable and thriving communities I've found, due in no small part to the amazing team of people you've put together. Their dedication, knowledge, and hard work is mostly unseen and, sadly, far too often under-valued by front-end users, but it's what keeps CC going, and makes it so much better than any other site of this type.

What sets CC apart for me is that it's the only site out there that offers direct access to advice/education from my peers and from a core group of medical and scientific experts. I've learned more useful info from 18 months at CC than in the previous ten years at other sites on the Interwebz.

While I don't always agree with your policies, I'm forever grateful for your vision for and commitment to CC. Thanks to you -- it helps me every day to make the most of my post-sci/d life.
    Last edited by thehipcrip; 3 May 2010, 7:44 PM.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Comment

Thx Wise, Steven (for keeping it running) and all the Mods, Nurses for making CC the informative website it is.

Comment

Thank you for all you have done and continue to do. I get frustrated here and sometimes even disgusted, but I have found a lot more good than bad. Because of CareCure I have met people from all over the country. I remember being newly injured and at home feeling completely alone after leaving the Shepherd Center. I poured over the internet looking for some type of hope. I've been here ever since.

I do hope that it is true that the personal attacks will be dealt with. I hate hesitating to recommend this place when I meet someone new. Or having to add a disclaimer to overlook certain forums, things, etc....
        If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Comment

I heartily second all the expressions of appreciation -- Wise, nurses, moderators, and other members -- you all really make a huge difference in life for me. I too regret the ornery posts, but I don't let them bother me much. I figure they say more about the poster than they do about the sufferer of the post. I know who I am, and I think we all have a pretty good sense of each other, and know what just to ignore. I would hope that we as members would be able to rally and politely counter objectionable posters who make personal attacks, without the need for moderator intervention I say this with the caveat though that I know there were controversies that I missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Foolish Old View Post
            In an imperfect world, Care Cure gets very high marks for doing the job it was created to accomplish.

My thanks to you, Wise, the Moderators, the SCI nurses, and all the members of Care Cure who make it so valuable to people with an interest in SCI.

ETA - oh yeah, that Edwards boy probably does something useful to keep CC going when he's not being chased by the hotties proposing marriage (and less high-minded pairings).

I would suggest to those frustrated by the light-handed moderation, that the cure for what they object to would be worse than the disease. CC reflects the larger, raw world where both AB and SCI exist. People at their best and worst. Often, the same people displaying their different aspects. We deal with the whole package. This is a key element to CC's success.
            LOL and I could not agree more!!!

Wise...you, Steven, and your team of mod's have done a great job with this site and I appreciate everything you do!

I have been a member of a site that was "over-moderated" and I ended up leaving because of the frustration that created. Thank you for respecting everyone's right to free speech and expression! You've got a good thing going here with CareCure!!!!!
            "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

Comment

I too appreciate what Wise has done but I think we still have the right to disagree with him when the situation arises. I think there needs to be consistent policy to deal with the bullies on here who like nothing other then putting people down, the ladies especially seem to take the bulk of the harassment. It really seems like there are a few that "free passes" do say whatever they want.

Again I appreciate the forum but I really think it needs to be policed better.

Comment

Maybe that letter should be sent to all when they register. Thanks for the community.
                Tom

"Blessed are the pessimists, for they hath made backups." Exasperated 20:12

Comment

Originally posted by TomRL View Post
                  Maybe that letter should be sent to all when they register. Thanks for the community.
                  That's a good idea!
                  "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

Comment

Thank you Dr. for having this site. CC has help me learn more about my injury. Reading others posts and the experiences they have gone through or are going through. Thanx again for your dedication on these type of injuries and having a awesome forum!

Comment

Working...
                    X