Announcement: Brief Downtime Wednesday, March 31 ~0530 Eastern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Announcement: Brief Downtime Wednesday, March 31 ~0530 Eastern

I'll be updating the database configurations on Monday morning, which will require the site to be offline for maybe 30-45 seconds. The update should lead to faster response times.

Just an FYI.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Steven, I so appreciate these announcements of scheduled down time and the Facebook status page for info re: unscheduled outages!

I was a mod for another site that shall remain nameless to protect the site admin and the lead mod, and I spent way too much time trying to convince them why announcements like these are critical. Heck, even the mods were never notified when the admin was going to take the site offline. Never succeeded in my quest.

You, Sir, are the living embodiment of Admin Best Practices, and it is appreciated.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Edwards View Post
      I'll be updating the database configurations on Monday morning, which will require the site to be offline for maybe 30-45 seconds. The update should lead to faster response times.

Just an FYI.
      Are you serious. Notifying us for 35-45 seconds?

Wow you're good. I'd never notice it. lol

thanks Mona
      sigpic

Comment

Bah! Made an error in the new configuration, so it took 3-4 minutes to get back to normal. I'll try again Wednesday morning.
        ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Comment

Working...
        X