No announcement yet.

fyi: Münchausen by Internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Todd, fret not, my son. Teh Ghey is curable. I saw it on the 700 Club!
    Blog:
    Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

I remember you mentioning that betheny.
      our most recent was that dude who pretended to be his girlfriend telling us he overdosed, and died and then thought we would forgive him. or better, not figure it out. I think his ccc name was knight rider. or knight something. some one had also asked for an obituary, and several of us began to private messege each other to compare notes on our googleing his screen names and ip address. for much of that thread we had expected something smelled fishy. remember balloon boy?

Comment

Knightrider is legit and a good guy to boot. HAWT too but I digress. I think you're thinking of Darklighter.

Originally posted by jody View Post
        our most recent was that dude who pretended to be his girlfriend telling us he overdosed, and died and then thought we would forgive him. or better, not figure it out. I think his ccc name was knight rider. or knight something. some one had also asked for an obituary, and several of us began to private messege each other to compare notes on our googleing his screen names and ip address. for much of that thread we had expected something smelled fishy. remember balloon boy?
        My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Le Type Français View Post
          Gang, I've just been diagnosed with a terrible illness--I'm afflicted with the GAY!!

Their is a cure for that Todd. Its called "One night with Suzie"...lol Take as directed.
          “If everybody's thinking alike, somebody isn't thinking.” Gen. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by betheny View Post
            Todd, fret not, my son. Teh Ghey is curable. I saw it on the 700 Club!
            Pat Robertson has a spacial sladge hammer for the small sum of $100
            T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by jody View Post
              Knightrider is not the guy - this is why we need to be careful if things like this happen.

I know KR in person. He rarely posts because he's too busy with his real and hot girlfriend.
              C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Comment

Originally posted by Suzie Q View Post
                Their is a cure for that Todd. Its called "One night with Suzie"...lol Take as directed.
                I'm lousy with the GAY and trying so hard for the cure

Comment

Your needing a cure? Well come on down...I can pencil you in around 3pm. LOL

Wow, seems we have a regaylur epidemic on our hands here. LOL
                  “If everybody's thinking alike, somebody isn't thinking.” Gen. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Suzie Q View Post
                    LMAO!

Comment

Originally posted by darkeyed_daisy View Post
                      Pat Robertson has a spacial sladge hammer for the small sum of $100
                      Yes, it's called a penis (a closeted joke).

Comment

Originally posted by brocko View Post
                        I'm lousy with the GAY and trying so hard for the cure
                        As if! If you were gay, I would have been Down Under years ago to see those blue eyes in person. Yes, ladies, he has the most beautiful blue eyes. I sometimes call Brock blue eyes as a nickname.

Comment

Bringing this back to Munchausen, I wonder how many sufferers join "be cured of the dreaded gay!" forums for support?

Bringing this back to our community, it usually sucks when it happens.
                          ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Comment

Interestingly (at least to me) a facebook friend has been posting excerpts from a book she currently reading for work. I thought this one was germane to Steven's original post....

"People who do hideous things do not look like people who do hideous things. There is no 'face of evil.' In the real world, the bad guys do not look the way they are supposed to. They do not resemble werewolves or Hannibal Lechter or Tony Perkins staring at a corpse in a rocking chair. On the contrary, they look like us." - The Sociopath Next Door.
                            My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

Comment

I thought Munchausen by Proxy was when they used their children, and what you described was Hypochondriac. Or is it all one in the same?
                              sigpic

Stay safe my son. See you around thanksgiving!

Comment

Originally posted by Robynbird569 View Post
                                I thought Munchausen by Proxy was when they used their children, and what you described was Hypochondriac. Or is it all one in the same?
                                They are not the same.

Münchausen syndrome
                                is a term for psychiatric disorders known as Factitious Disorders wherein those affected feign disease, illness, or psychological trauma in order to draw attention or sympathy to themselves.

Münchausen Syndrome by Proxy (MSbP), is the Factitious Disorder by Proxy, is a disorder in which a person deliberately causes injury or illness to another person (most often his or her child), usually to gain attention or some other benefit. The perpetrator can be a parent, spouse, or other caregiver, with the victims being anyone under their care.

Hypochondriasis (or hypochondria, often referred to as health phobia or health anxiety) refers to an excessive preoccupation or worry about having a serious illness. Often, hypochondria persists even after a physician has evaluated a person and reassured them that their concerns about symptoms do not have an underlying medical basis or, if there is a medical illness, the concerns are far in excess of what is appropriate for the level of disease.

Comment

Working...
                                X