IM Making a Movie-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IM Making a Movie-

Hello my CC family. I just wanted to announce that I have secured the finances to shoot my movie. I can't believe Im actually making a movie. God is so good. Tentatively, shooting begins in June. I have an actor who has starred in a few moderately successful movie(Fresh, and The Woods), and he does cameos on" law and order", playing in the movie. Before my injuries I was well entrenched in the music industry. I am finally calling in all markers. The screenplay is almost done as well.The story is very compelling. I cant wait for June. I will keep my CC family abreast of the movie's progress. Take Care.

Congrats and good luck!!
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks Rdf.

Comment

very cool

Comment

How long of a movie are you looking to make? I know that length probably changes in the editing room, but are you shooting for a number?
          Originally posted by semajh7 View Post
          Thanks Rdf.
          Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
          Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by rdf View Post
            How long of a movie are you looking to make? I know that length probably changes in the editing room, but are you shooting for a number?
            I want it to be about 75 minutes.
            Its gonna be a ten day shoot so it will be hard to stretch it pass 75 minutes.

Comment

Cool. All the best!

Comment

Stellar!
                And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

Thanks guys. Things are really coming together. I've been working really hard on it.

Comment

Very cool! Congrats! As an aspiring screenwriter myself, I'm excited for you. It's a good time in history for independent film because technology has allowed people to get their stories on the screen much more economically than ever before. Good luck! And keep us posted.

Btw, I haven't seen "Fresh" yet, but it's in my Netflix queue; I've heard very good things about the movie. I'll be interested to see which actor in it is involved in your project.

Comment

that's awesome!
                      "Always look at the bright side of life...."

Comment

Scorpion is right. The barrier to entry is much lower today than it was five or six years ago.

Good luck!
                        The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
                        --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
                        ––Paul Nussbaum
                        usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

You guys are sooo right. They have these camera out now called the canon 5d mark II and & 7d mark II. They are still photography cameras that shoot motion video. Th.e look is unbelievable. It looks like 35 miliimeter film. Get this, the RED ONE cam was the craze a two years ago, it priced at about $20,000 when it was released. It too gives a close to film look. The canon 5d in many photographer's opinion gives a better look and it cost $2,700, and the 7d cost $1,600. Technology is something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                            Very cool! Congrats! As an aspiring screenwriter myself, I'm excited for you. It's a good time in history for independent film because technology has allowed people to get their stories on the screen much more economically than ever before. Good luck! And keep us posted.

Btw, I haven't seen "Fresh" yet, but it's in my Netflix queue; I've heard very good things about the movie. I'll be interested to see which actor in it is involved in your project.
                            Fresh was a good movie. It even won a Independent Spirit Award. The actors name is Sean Nelson. He starred in "The Woods" with Omar Epps as well. He does cameos on Law and Order too. You can goto IMDB and find any info on any actor with relative ease. I would like to check out your screenplays in the future. We may can turn one into a feature together in the future. Take care.

Comment

Originally posted by ChinaDoll View Post
                              that's awesome!
                              Thanks ChinaDoll.

Comment

Working...
                              X