Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sci.rutgers.edu slow today?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    sci.rutgers.edu slow today?

    I've timed out a few times trying to get here. I pinged the server, and got nothing back, 100% packet loss.

    Obviously it's working now, I just wonder if it's on my end.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

    Thanks!

    #2
    I haven't noticed any slowness. Did you run a traceroute?
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

    Comment


      #3
      Sorry Steven, was on the phone. Yea I ran a traceroute and a pathping. I'm still having problems reaching the rutgers server, but other pages seem to load just fine. I'm hitting a bogged down server along the way I imagine. Looks like IP 38.104.44.78 may be part of the problem.

      Can't ping it. According to whois, it's in Washington DC. Probably a bunch of politicians playing grab ass and not realizing a problem with a server

      eta: Whoops, forgot the www All is well. I'm tired and forgetting simple things. Time to take 5. Sorry to have spooked ya Steven But I don't know why I couldn't ping or tracert without using www subdomain in the ping and other commands. Somewhere there's a problem resolving your full domain name.
      Last edited by rdf; 2 Mar 2010, 8:35 PM.
      Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
      Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

      Thanks!

      Comment


        #4
        Odd. I get routed through the same IP, yet I've had no trouble today.

        Blame Sen Bunning.
        ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by rdf View Post
          I've timed out a few times trying to get here. I pinged the server, and got nothing back, 100% packet loss.

          Obviously it's working now, I just wonder if it's on my end.
          rdf,

          I have been on the server all day and have not noticed any hesitation. I just checked http://www.internettrafficreport.com/namerica.htm and see three places with current 100% packet loss
          • Canada (Vancouver) gw02.wlfdle.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
          • Canada (Ontario) anguhub14.net.ubc.ca
          • Georgia (Atlanta) atl-datacenter-gw2.capitalinternet.com

          So there are some internet blocks. But, I don't see anything affecting your state.

          Wise.

          Comment


            #6
            Thanks Wise, I just figured out it's on my end.
            Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
            Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

            Thanks!

            Comment


              #7
              They give anybody a computer.
              oh well

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by rdf View Post
                Thanks Wise, I just figured out it's on my end.
                Sure, no prob. Ever since Rutgers gave us our own direct line to internet, we have had few problems with access. In addition, we now have power support during outages and much faster servers. Thanks very much to Steven Edwards for doing all the work transferring the site to the new servers.

                With over 50,000 students, 3000 faculty and administrators, Rutgers uses its internet portals intensively. Nevertheless, I believe CareCure is the second busiest servers at Rutgers. We get several million page views a month, thousands of visitors every day, and average 300-400 visitors at any time.

                Wise.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Wise Young View Post
                  Sure, no prob. Ever since Rutgers gave us our own direct line to internet, we have had few problems with access. In addition, we now have power support during outages and much faster servers. Thanks very much to Steven Edwards for doing all the work transferring the site to the new servers.

                  With over 50,000 students, 3000 faculty and administrators, Rutgers uses its internet portals intensively. Nevertheless, I believe CareCure is the second busiest servers at Rutgers. We get several million page views a month, thousands of visitors every day, and average 300-400 visitors at any time.

                  Wise.
                  That's quite an audience of people who are interested in SCI and who might become "invested" to some degree in the SCI community and SCI research for the remainder of their lives. The members are always looking for ways to promote the SCI community and cure efforts......this audience could be a tremendous resource.

                  I cringe when I think of some of the things this audience can see us say to each other and about research and researchers.
                  2012 SCINetUSA Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
                  Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X