Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New policy: Ban of commercial weblinks (URL) in member signature or homepage link

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steven Edwards View Post
    Your PC's infected.
    Thanks! I'll run a full scan and clean it up.

Comment

Comment

Bump.

(KLD)
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

It's a "sticky". Isn't it always on top?

Question: Do commercial email addresses and blogs that sell advertisement count as "commercial links"? See a lot of those...
          "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Bump.

A commercial e-mail address is not necessarily prohibited...for many people their only e-mail address is one they get through their work. Similarly, blogs that are personal blogs are not prohibited nor are Facebook pages as long as they are the personal (and not for profit/commercial) blog or page of the individual member.

(KLD)
            The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

These restrictions also include Visitor Messages on either your own or other people's profile page. Many spammers are registering to using that route to post their spam messages and links. They are banned and their VM removed when discovered by moderators.

(KLD)

Comment

bump

Comment

Bump.

(KLD)

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
                    Bump.

(KLD)
                    You keep "bumping" this, but does any one read back to Dr. Young's original post to know why you keep doing a "bump." Maybe you need to repost Dr. Young's post, not just "BUMP."

"Bump" gets old when no one knows what it means.

Comment

Why do you care? Who put you in charge of the forums?? Jim bumps this up as much as I do, and the two of us spend hours daily getting rid of spam and banning spammers. Want to take that job on too??

(KLD)

Comment

Why do you care? Who put you in charge of the forums?? Jim bumps this up as much as I do, and the two of us spend hours daily getting rid of spam and banning spammers. Want to take that job on too??

(KLD)
                        Just asking that when you or Jim or anyone else "Bumps" this thread that you/they reiterate the language of the original post. Just how many people will go back to the first post of this sticky and read it after dozens of "Bumps." Instead of "Bump," why can't you just copy the original post and paste it into the reply? "Bump" is meaningless. The original post is the message you are tying to reiterate.

Comment

Why do you care? Who put you in charge of the forums?? Jim bumps this up as much as I do, and the two of us spend hours daily getting rid of spam and banning spammers.

Want to take that job on too??

(KLD)
                          No one ever asked and I sincerely doubt they ever would.

Comment

Originally posted by gjnl View Post
                            No one ever asked and I sincerely doubt they ever would.
                            Well that promise did not last long!!!

(KLD)

Comment

Bump.

(KLD)

Comment

I am new here, and I want to make sure I am following the rules. I am an artist, my homepage link can be my art website? I run it like a blog, so it does not sell my art directly on the website. Is this within the rules?

The other question: Am I missing a step in uploading a profile image? I resized to 300 but it always says upload failed.

Thanks for this site. In researching wheelchairs is how I found you guys. The immediate information and ability to ask questions and finding support is beyond words.

have a great weekend,
                                C
                                Non-traumatic SCI. Art, Poetry, and the Great Outdoors; these are my passions. My motto: Paint much love, always ~ Connie

Comment

Working...
                                X